Give him a chance...he will respond to that!

"I thought you cheated on me." I say in frustration.

"So?" Ransom huffs. "That doesn't give you a right to throw away a family heirloom."

I ball my fists. "I said it was an option, but as you can see, I didn't go through with that plan." I say through gritted teeth, folding my arms.

"Well if you wanted to get rid of the necklace so badly, why didn't you just give the necklace back to me? Or if you didn't want to see me, why didn't you give the necklace to Harlan?" Ransom tightens his jaw.

I roll my eyes. "You cannot be serious!" I say in bewilderment.

Ransom's eye twitches. "Did...Did you just roll –"

"Yes I just rolled my eyes at you! You rolled your eyes at me twice, so it's only fair that I can do it to you." I glower. "And if I gave the necklace back to you – or Harlan – you would have given it to someone else."

"Like Callie?" Ransom retorts.

Of cause he'd have Callie in mind!

"Yes." I fire back, clenching my jaw and narrowing my eyes at him.

Ransom scoffs and shakes his head. "I can't believe you would think I would give that necklace to anyone else besides you."

"You would have."

Ransom runs his hand through his hair. "You read my diary. You know that wouldn't have happened."

I snort. "Oh please! You would have given that damn necklace to another woman. You stated in your diary you only made out with Callie because you wanted to hurt me. Well...if I gave that necklace back to you, you would have given it to Callie just to hurt me." I bare my teeth slightly – but it's to help me breathe.

My heart is beating faster and I can feel my face is flushed.

Why does Ransom have to make me angry?

Ransom takes a step back, his eye wide with shock. "You...You really thought once you gave that necklace back, that I would give it to Callie? Just like that?" Ransom's voice shakes, and I notice his eyes look glossy.

It looks as if Ransom is about to cry!

Oh no!

"Well..." I swallow. "Y-You probably would have. Y-You would have wanted to see me hurt. You can sometimes be an asshole like that." I say rather tactlessly.

"What?" Ransom chokes.

I swear I can see tears forming at the corner of Ransom's eyes.

No! Ransom is going to cry!

That's going to make me cry too!

"Yo –You would have given that necklace to Callie, or even to another woman. Admit it." My lip quivers.

Ransom looks around the room until his gaze is back on me. "I...I can't believe you thought I would just give that necklace to Callie – of all people. That necklace was given to you and only for you to wear." his voice quavers. "That necklace is a symbol of what we have together."

"What we had." I mutter.

Dammit! That was a bad move. A very bad move.

Ransom almost falls back. "Had?"

"I-I didn't mean it like that." I cover my mouth.

"Then why did you say it in the past tense?"

"I don't know." I blurt.