"That taste good too." I bet it does- what the fuck am I even saying?

"Let's go." I said, snapping out of my disturbing thoughts, threading my fingers through hers.

"Where are we going?" She questioned as we crossed the street by the traffic light. The ice cream shop we just left was across the street from Central Park.

"I don't really have anything planned but we can just take a walk, talk, whatever you want." I lead us through the entrance to the park that was lively this bright Saturday evening.

"Is this what you do on your Saturday?" She questioned as we walked along the path that was shaded by the thick branches of the trees overhead.

"Nope, most of the time I spend the weekends at my childhood home with my family."

"I'm flattered you chose to spend time with me over your family but I really would not have mind if you had dropped me back at my place." She said, licking the ice cream since I was holding her left hand which made her unable to eat it with the spoon.

"Lucky you because my parents weren't even going to be home all weekend." I shrugged, side stepping for the man who rushed past on his bicycle.

"Lucky me." I swung our joint hands between us, gleefully.

"Do you have any pets?" I questioned, the numerous people walking their dogs triggering my curiosity.

"I had a shark a few years back but he died." She said nonchalantly.

"A shark?"

"Yeah, I got him as a Christmas gift when I was thirteen from Remi, kept him in an aquarium at the estate." She answered, letting go of my hand to scope up her ice-cream that couldn't be licked anymore.

"How did he die?"

"From stress I think, when I suggested we set him free the vet said that he would die either way because he didn't know how to feed himself like a normal shark in the ocean. What about you, do you have a pet?"

"Nope, I always wanted a turtle though but with how much I work and travel I don't see it as ideal." I answered, wrapping my arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer. If I couldn't hold her hand, this would work just as good.

"A turtle? Very specific."

"Says the person who had a pet shark." She chuckled at my words, shrugging her shoulders.

"You said estate, what do you mean by that?"

"The Verlice estate, that's been my home for as long as I could remember. The staff that work in the house each have a place on the land, so it's basically a very small community."

"That's cool, I'll admit."

"I suppose it is, a bit crowded sometimes but it’s home." Finally finding an empty bench, I pulled her over sitting inches apart on a wide bench.

"20 questions, no lying." I said when I finished chewing the waffle cone.

She hummed, reaching up to my face and wiping under my lip with her thumb. I startled slightly only to realize I probably had ice cream on my face.