Chapter 3-9: Blank's Obstacle To Overcome

Start from the beginning

"O-oi, what are you saying, dear sister of mine?!" Sora panicked, waving his arms around. "It's not like I'm desperate for a girlfriend, or anything! I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if Ayanokōji scored Kushida!"

For Sora, who had been a shut-in all his life, following the path of getting a girlfriend and experiencing romantic love was one of his main ambitions. It wouldn't be surprising if he became depressed after failing to do so while having to watch others around him succeed.

I noticed Shiro wearing quite a complicated expression, staring down at her drink in her hands.

"Something on your mind, Shiro?" I asked her.

"It's just... Nii wants to find another girl to fall in love with, but all I need is him. Am I not enough?"

Sora's features softened as he placed his hand gently on top of Shiro's head and stroked her hair.

"That's not it," he said, shaking his head. "No matter what happens, Shiro will always be the most important person to me. That being said, however, I can't engage in romantic or sexual endeavours with my sister."

Well, like every boy, myself included, the urge to fulfil such desires is ever-present within Sora. While not impossible, it's greatly frowned upon to pursue such things with one's own relative.

"B-but..."

Shiro began saying something, but quickly sealed her mouth shut and didn't elaborate further. My curiosity was mildly piqued, but I decided not to press the topic.

"Hmm... this is unexpected..." Sora murmured, looking over my shoulder.

I turned to see, as he said, a rather unexpected sight. Katsuragi was walking past the scene, clothed in his full school uniform, completely alone.

"He's quite solitary for a class leader," Shiro remarked in her usual, whisper-like tone.

"Well, I suppose that after his extremely sub-par results on the island exam, his classmates have begun to lose faith in him." I responded.

"And who's fault is that again?" Sora grinned maniacally.

"Ryuzaki was the first one to suggest the idea of us sabotaging Class A," Shiro relayed like an audio recorder. "We should put all the blame on him."

"Yep, it's entirely his fault."

Sora nodded in agreement, content with throwing Ryuzaki under the bus in the case that something goes wrong as a result of our actions.

"We've inadvertently helped Sakayanagi by giving Class A's leader to Classes B and E." I said.

"Right. As we said before, Sakayanagi's Class A will be much stronger than Katsuragi's. We might've indirectly made our lives harder in the long term." Sora agreed.

Katsuragi was similar to Ichinose in the sense that he was unable to properly combat the kinds of strategies employed by Sakayanagi, Ryūen, and obviously some of my very own classmates as well. For this reason, Class A would be easier to defeat under his rule than it would be under Sakayanagi's.

It might've been more worth it for us to actually let Class A have the 100 class points for now, and try for a more long-term goal of defeating Sakayanagi before she even assumes the position of sole Class A leader.

It would be nipping the problem in the bud, so to speak.

"Even if Class D lends him a hand, it will be substantially difficult for Katsuragi to gain the favour of Class A students now." Shiro commented while still enjoying having her hair stroked by Sora.