15

"What kind of flowers should we decorate with?"

"For what?"

"Our wedding silly."

As much as he wanted to his true feelings could not be voiced. Being around Chloe was torture. Chloe was sweet. She was excellent. Very nurturing and gentle with the warmest of smiles. However being forced to be with her like this put a strain on everything. It felt like he was burning inside out when she was near. Even worse when she tried things like holding his hand or trying to kiss him. She did not deserve any of this. He hated this.

"Well?"

Tristan crossed his arms. "Well what?"

"I was thinking roses or carnations but then there is also the alstroemeria, amarylis, orchids, cherry blossom, oh gosh the ranunculus how could I leave out my favourite then there is peony and dahlia I remember how much you used to draw those."

She looks at him expecting an answer. Why was she so wrapped up in wedding details? The wedding which he intended on escaping was years away. Yet she always yapped on about it. Elated that she was choosen but did she not care for her freedom? Her mate? Her future? Was this all she was ever looking forward to?

"Why don't you focus on your lunch."

Her smile falters."Oh, I finished. I just thought...."

Tristan drifts off, losing himself in his thoughts once more. His mate. The new girl. Could they be the same person? Why else would he feel so attatched to her. Why else did he always want to kiss her? All this time all those visions, was it really her? There was no other way to sum her up. When ever she was near the endless stream of loneliness came to a hault. She was like a raging fire but cool to the touch. It was like she materialized out of his head after being told she was dead. Most days she disappeared as quickly as she appeared.

A series of chills ran through him. He felt an overwhelming amount if rage surge through him. Opening his mind link he picked up a few panicked voices of his pack members. With his focus out of order he singled out someone close to the comotion.

"Marcus, what is happening?"

"A fight broke out."

"Marcus talk"

"I don't know, the other girl she smelt completely human before now...."

"Now what?"

"Sir I don't know, it looks like she is about to shift."

Seeing a visual from Marcus had him up and out of his seat. Chloe following behind.

"Marcus, you need to get everyone out of the room now!"

Heading towards the commotion while mind linking a few other pack members to help Marcus. The closer he moved to the classroom, the more his body tingled with a growing sense of pain. It was as if his bones were feeling phantom pains from being broken. He stopped for a minute to catch his breath. A part of him felt like it was getting ripped into pieces and put back together. He took a few deep breaths.

"Tristan, what is it?"

"Nothing."

Chloe takes hold of his arm. "You look like you're on the verge of an attack."

"I'm not, Chlo." Shaking it off he pulled away and continued walking. Marcus needed help and quick.

Randy and Kara, gave him a nod signaling all the humans were out of the way. He heard a snarl and furniture getting smashed. Quickening his pace as Marcus yelled. He burst through the door to find a large wolf about to attack Marcus as he was trying to explain what happened to her.