Arc 1 Chapter 6: Your Smile, A Gentle Trap

Su Ying woke up in the morning with tears still remaining on her cheeks. She wiped it off and said, "System, I want to kill someone. Preferably that one scum called Yu Chen."

[It's illegal to do that in this world, host.]

"Then...I could at least do it in a legal way?"

[.....]

"Anyway, time to stalk the male lead and complete this side mystery mission as soon as possible!"

System has no words to say. If he can, he would like to facepalm.

Su Ying hurriedly got up from bed and got ready. When she got to school, she walked all around campus to find Wei Liang but couldn't spot his figure anywhere. Besides, this campus originally was created for rich kids and thus, was HUGE.

Just when Su Ying was about to give up on her first day of stalki- oops, I mean searching for her target, a thought suddenly flashed by her mind. Without a second of hesitation, Su Ying ran towards that place. 

The rooftop building where the original Su Ying went to commit suicide.

"Qi Xinyan." Su Ying said under her breath when she got there and saw that the female lead was already at the corner of the building with Wei Liang blocking her way out.

"Wei Liang, just what can I do for you to just leave me alone?"

As Qi Xinyan said those words out loud, it was as if she was about to cry out.

Wei Liang's eyes were deadly cold while staring at Qi Xinyan. His hands were clenched tight to the point where even his nails that weren't that long was able to penetrate into his skin. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. 

Slowly, Wei Liang opened his mouth and said, "I treated you so well just like my real sister."

Then, Wei Liang opened his eyes and laughed mockingly. "Why did you betray me?"

"W-What do you mean? I don't know what you're talking about." Qi Xinyan's feet was trembling and she struggled just to stand straight. 

Qi Xinyan shifted her sight from Wei Liang and finally noticed Su Ying not too far behind Wei Liang. As if seeing her savior, Qi Xinyan cried out, "You're Yu Chen's girlfriend right....please save me!"

Su Ying looked indifferently at Qi Xinyan and didn't respond. Instead, she said to Wei Liang, "You want to push her down?"

The way Wei Liang looks at Qi Xinyan, Su Ying could feel that it was filled with deep hatred. 

Wei Liang let go of his clenched hand and looked back at Su Ying for a good half a minute. Then, as if nothing had happened, he walked away and towards the rooftop door and walk down the stairs. Leaving behind Su Ying and Qi Xinyan alone on the rooftop.

When Qi Xinyan finally saw that Wei Liang is gone, her trembled legs finally gave in and she fell down crying. 

Su Ying walked towards Qi Xinyan and squatted in front of her. She reached out and patted Qi Xinyan on the head while saying in a low soft voice, "Are you alright?"

Qi Xinyan shook her head while still sobbing.

Su Ying narrowed her eyes and continued asking, "How did you get here?"

"I-I received a message...to...." Qi Xinyan choked and couldn't continue.

But, even if Qi Xinyan didn't continue, Su Ying could still guessed what had happened. Wei Liang must've threatened Qi Xinyan just like how he did in the novel by using Qi Xinyan's mother and told her to meet him at the rooftop.