𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

Start from the beginning

She was something else.

"I'm doing just fine, miss Anderson. How are you feeling?"

She sighs, "If I'm honest, I'm feeling the same. A little chest pain, but it's not a big deal."

I frown a bit, taking up my stethoscope. "Okay, well, take a deep breath for me."

She does, and I notice a little ragged and unsteadiness. "Okay, I'm going to order a CT to see what's going on in there. I'll also have someone come in and take some blood samples so they can be sent to the lab."

"Yeah yeah, whatever you have to do. Now tell me," she sits up more comfortably," How's that little sister of yours doing? Didn't she start kindergarten today?"

I smile at the thought, wondering how she's doing. She's probably already made friends. I pull out my phone to show her a picture I took of her this morning in her uniform.

"She's so precious." Miss Anderson coos.

"Right? I was on bath duty this morning, and boy is this little girl stubborn. Normally she would have taken one before bed, but she watched a movie after dinner and fell asleep right after. Anna has a little obsession with Disney movies, and it's so cute. She had a little meltdown at school, according to Anthony, but soon after, she was fine. I'm sure she's having a great time meeting new friends. I mean, how can you not want to be friends with her? She's so cute-"

"Ahem."

Miss Anderson and I turn around to see a beautiful nurse standing at the door with two other nurses behind her.

I clear my throat a bit embarrassed, "Right so, Miss Anderson. These ladies here are going to take your labs and prepare you for a CT. I'll be back later to come and check on you."

Miss Anderson stares at me for a moment longer until something finally clicks in her head. She gives me a sinister smile that makes me a bit nervous.

I quickly leave before something really bad happens.

****

"Dr. De La Cruz, may I have a word with you." I look up from my computer to see that same woman from earlier.

I raise a brow at her sudden appearance.

I hear something click,

Oh?

I smile at her shyness; she makes eye contact with me and sends me a glare. I laugh at her attempt. She comes close enough to me that I quickly pull her onto my lap.

She squeals a bit.

"And what do I owe this unexpected meeting of yours?" I whispered in her ear caused her to warm up.

"Babe quit it." She says, annoyed, but I know she's far from it.

I sigh, knowing how she is about PDA at work.

"Nora, you did come in my office, locked the door; what else do you expect me to do?" I raise my brow accusingly.

She turns around and straddling me, surprising me from the intimacy. She curls herself onto me, wrapping her delicate arms around my neck, and lays her head on my chest.

"What's wrong, baby?" I say, hugging her back.

"I'm just tired, and I needed a hug," she whispers. I hum in response, taking in her scent,

Vanilla today.

"I love you." She says softly.

I smile, "I love you too."

****
{𝙾𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝙿.𝙾.𝚅}

"Oliver." 

I turn around towards my brother, "What."

He looks around a bit suspiciously.

"I need your help."

Oh no.

"What did you do now?" I say, annoyed, not ready to deal with him this early.

"Okay, well, I won't beat around the bush." He straightens up, "I got detention."

This guy-

"It's barely been 2 hours, Tyler!"

"I know."

"Are you an idiot?!"

"Well, no-"

"Anthony is going to kill you!"

"I hope not-"

"THIS IS SERIOUS!"

"Calm down; it wasn't my fault."

"You're a liar."

He smiles. 

I take a deep breath, trying to calm down, "Who was your first-hour teacher?"

He cringes, "Mrs. Snoct."

Oh. That's why.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Okay, so what am I supposed to do."

He frowns a bit, "I need you to lie for me."

**********

A/N

Awww, Anna's so cute.😍

Ew, Noah, control yourself .😧😐

Tyler, you're an idiot.😖

Happy weekend!! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter; how did you feel about the different P.O.Vs?

Thirty-eight days till my birthday!! and my driver's test😬

Q: When's your birthday? (find your birthday twin👯‍♀️👯)

A: October 27th🎉