~~~

After meeting Landon and taking a few shots on the way, we finally reach the club that has huge neon-purple glowing letters "LOTUS" hanging from the wall beside the door.

We tell our names to the muscular guards knowing they'll let us in since we're on the guestlist that Olivia gave them. We make our way through the entrance to the VIP lounge, feeling already feverish from the few shots. Damn, I sometimes almost forget that Liv is considered a celebrity.

The whole space is glowing in purple lights, it's also quite foggy here, probably from the fog machines somewhere around. I look up to the ceiling and see a crowd of lights shining so bright, almost looking like small stars. I can literally feel the music beat's heavy vibrations radiating through my bones.

Wow, this place is insane.

I've been to the VIP lounge a few times before, but I can't say anything special about it, besides the fact that it's a bit less packed than the regular club side.

While I'm observing the club, Landon has already gone after a tray of shots, leaving me alone in search for someone I know.

"Bitch, finally, c'mon!" Olivia shouts over the loud music, grabbing my wrist and pulling me aside to meet her other friends.

"Chloe, Liz, Lauren, and a few others are here too!" Liv says referring to her other friends. I never really got close to them, but since they're important to Liv, I'm neutral with them.

"I also invited some people you might not know, but they're coming soon," she shouts over the music, pulling me further in the lounge, reaching the leather booth chairs next to a table full of alcohol. I say hello to her other friends, sliding in the booth after Liv.

Landon comes back with a tray of about 10 tequila shots in one hand, a bowl full of lime wedges in the other, handing each shot to other people around the table.

"C'mon, let's get wasteddddd!" he exclaims, downing two consecutive shots, chasing it with the lime. We all do the same, emptying the whole tray.

After a while, I've drunk pretty much half the tequila bottle and smoked a joint. It honestly takes a lot for me to get really drunk, so now I'm tipsy, being in a joyful and relaxed mood, but I bet after a few more drinks I'll be on the floor.

*play the song now for better vibes*

I recognize a reverb, slowed version of 'Close' by Nick Jonas and Tove Lo playing, so I get up, bopping my head along the beat.

"Let's goooo, losers!!!" I cheer, starting to pull everybody up, already moving along the music.

"Y'all go ahead, I and Nate will join you in a bit," Olivia shouts over the music. I grab her other friends, all of us going into the crowd, belting out the lyrics. It honestly sounds like a choir of cats came on the dance floor, but I don't really care.

"Cause space is just a word made up by someone who's afraid to get too..."

I'm now standing back to back with Liv's friend Lauren, both of us now swaying our hips to the beat, yelling out the lyrics. I lift my hands up, circling my wrists around, then bringing them down, dragging my fingers over my chest, sliding them over my stomach, feeling like on top of the world.