New You

After that emotional moment between Vera and Pat.. will things be still the same?

(Vera went to the office early morning.. she is back into busy days in her life.. but to the back of her head she couldn't help but to think what happened after the hallway scene between him and Pat? For the first time in her life she has actually grew a concern about him.. she sometimes thought what if he is right? A bunch of what if questions on her mind.. she was brought back to reality.. when the elevator door opens.. she first froze on the other side.. she always wondered why does every elevator ride she has involves Patrick in it..)
Patrick:are you getting in..?
Vera: yeah..(she went inside..as the door closes.. she tried to break the silence forming between them)
Vera: hey Pat?
Patrick: yes Ms. Farmiga?
("Ms. Farmiga" ? She questions her thoughts.." he never calls me that?" She said on the back of her head)
Patrick: hey in case your wondering why I called you that.. I just thought it would be mature and professional if we start addressing ourselves as Mr. Wilson and Ms. Farmiga..
Vera: ohh.. ok😔..
(The door opens.. Patrick went out first leaving Vera a bit disappointed of what he said.. she then walks to her office and found Jenny waiting for her)
Jenny: this came for you..
(Jenny handed her a small box.  She opened it and it was a beautiful earrings)

  She opened it and it was a beautiful earrings)

Vera: who-- who's this from?
Jenny: ohhh.. some talk handsome man delivery it here..
(She looks at Patrick whose office is just across her..)
Jenny: not that handsome man🤭
(Her phone rang)
Vera: hello.. go for Vera?
Vince: hey.. beautiful.. so do you like it?
Vera: wait.. this earrings are from yours?
Vince: yup.. take that as a thank you gift..
Vera: for what?
Vince: for being the best friend I know..
Vera: ohh Vincey I can't take this..
Vince: plss... And if your free tonight.. I made reservations at the Eden's Resto.. will you come?
Vera: uhhh.. sure.  It's atleast a thank you.. I'll meet you there..
Vince: ok.. see you there...love you..
Vera: righht? Bye
(Call ended)
Jenny: ohhhh..  so you got a new man now? Did you and him broke up?
Vera: no..
Jenny: so you and Mr. Boss man still together.. 🤭🤭
Vera: I meant is.. you know what.. just keep working pls..
Jenny: ok..
(She puts down the box and starts cleaning her office.. she gathers some papers under her desk.. it was very far so she had to get under it to get them.. as she was about to finish there was a knock on her door.. she was surprised so her head was softly knock by the hard desk)
Vera: awwww.. shoot (she pops her head and saw Patrick standing) how can I help you Mr. Wilson? (Rubbing the top part of her head).
Patrick: is your head ok?
Vera: yeah? Is that why you're here?
Patrick: no.. I came to get the memo Lila left on your desk.. can I have it?
Vera: ohhh. Here
(She hands the papers)
Patrick: thank you..
(He exits.. yes he showed a lil concern but not enough like the last couple times.. )
Vera: ohhh.. hey Mr. Wilson?
Patrick: yeah?
Vera: nevermind..
(Later that day.. it was like a rain on Vera's parade there was no joy.. it was weird for her to see Patrick ignore her for the rest of the day.. she felt bored at work.. no distractions, no afternoon greetings no nothing.. it's like the joy in him disappear from the moment they argue on the hallway.. at last it was night time she was preparing for the dinner she'll have with Vince.. she went early at the restaurant.. while waiting for him to come.. she decided to fix her makeup on the bathroom.. she went there and put some powder on her cheek.. she took her phone out and it was 9:30pm and Vince haven't yet text. .. she was starting to think he is ditching her.. upon scrolling on her contacts she saw Patrick's number.. she debated on to text or not text him)