Hide and seek

It was an early morning when Vera wake up.. she was tired as hell but she still has to go to work.. while showering she look at her wounded foot.. it was a lil bit swollen.. so she decided to ask if she can take a day off tomorrow.. after showering... She prepares her excuse note for tomorrow.. while on the way she grabs a to go food at the nearest food truck.. while walking back to the bus stop.. she came across the coffee shop they were on last night.. she smiled of what memories she with Patrick the other night.. the her phone rang.. it was Jenny)
Vera: yes Jen?
Jenny: mam..the board's been waiting for you for almost 10mins now.  They said they want to see your presentation..
Vera: shoot... But I'm not quite finished with it yet... There's few touches left..
Jenny: well mam.. I suggest you yourself tell them that..
Vera: right..  I'm on my way.. stall them pls..
Jenny: I'll do my best mam..
(Call ended)
Vera: Taxi!!!
(The taxi stop and she immediately got in)
Man: where to?
Vera: Lincoln Building.. and step on it..
Man: ok...
(As she arrives she ran as fast as she can to the front door..she stop at a nearby mirror to check herself)
Vera: good thing I was wearing flat heels

she stop at a nearby mirror to check herself)Vera: good thing I was wearing flat heels

Vera: pssst... Jen??
Jenny: ohh.. just in time . I hold them off as long as I can..
Vera: thanks I'll handle it..
(She entered the boardroom with everyone waiting for her including Patrick)

Vera: Guys.. sorry I'm late.. traffic's a Jerk.. psst..  Lila can I talk to you for a second..
Lila: yeah sure.. what's wrong..
(She pulls her to the door away from the table.. as she look around she saw Patrick staring at her smiling as he wave her hello she just ignores him and proceed talking to Lila)
Vera: I haven't finished my presentation yet..
Lila: what? But I thought you were working on it last night..
Vera: I was.. but.. I was distracted (she looks at Patrick and frown then turn back to Lila) I also wanted to ask if I can take a day off tomorrow.. my foot was injured.. so . While resting I will finish the presentation..
Lila: (looks at her foot) ok.. but.. you have to present it the day after tomorrow ok?
Vera: thank you..
(Lila return inside the room and told them that the presentation was delay and they can go.. as everyone starts to leave.. Vera notice Patrick was trying to approach her.. so she immediately walks away.. and went to the bathroom.. she stayed there for almost 7mins then decided to come out ... While exiting the door.. she looks around for sign of Patrick and she found nothing.  So she hurriedly went inside her office.. when she came in she first noticed the bag of cookies on top of her desk)