07

Your face felt the warmth of dragon fire even behind Bakugou's wings

Your face felt the warmth of dragon fire even behind Bakugou's wings. Although you couldn't see, the shrieks of the men made you tremble in Bakugou's hold. He kept you still all the while his eyes watched the carnage. He didn't move his wings until he was sure the noise had died down and no one was left.

Uncovering your face, the short battle ended, and you were carried off of the dragon. Bakugou sets you down on the ground beside Kirishima's legs telling you not to look up no matter what. Beneath your hand, the grass is charred black and breaking down in your grip. Remains of the mercenaries' clothes and the scent of blood still lingered. One survived, essentially kept alive via Bakugou's order.

A scrawny man remained alive. He was trapped under Kirishima's paw after the dragon tore through his comrades with his teeth or burned to a crisp. Keeping your eyes glued to the ground, your body shook nonstop. Bakugou bent down, stabbing his sword next to the man's head. The mercenary's body tensed up in fear.

"For a band of mercenaries, you guys are useless at your fucking job," Bakugou mocked his hostage, showing no remorse. "Now look, all your friends are nothing but ash, pretty pathetic, right?"

The dragon king smirked, leaning against his sword. He watched the man weep like an infant. The sounds of the weak breaking down before made him laugh. Bakugou glanced over his shoulder, seeing your eyes still staring at the terrain. Looking back, his right hand heats up, ushering a frightful reaction.

"Who sent you, or you'll lose your head?" The dragon king asked, holding his hand beside the mercenaries head. The frightened man withered, clawing at Kirishima's paw stained in his friends' blood. The dragon flared his nostrils, shooting out smoke. A low growl rumbles in the beast's chest, teeth showing.

"S-screw you," The man stuttered, hiding his fear under flimsy walls. 

Bakugou clicked his tongue repeatedly, slapping his flamming hand over the man's eyes, deliberately earning piercing, petrifying screams. The pungent smell of burning flesh triggered your nostrils. You gazed up, able to see the carnage of Bakugou's dragon and stains of blood. You gasped, seeing Bakugou burning half of the man's face. "You don't learn, do you? I can clearly tell by how stupid you look. Now answer the damn question!"