|20| - The End of the Past (E1)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

|THIRD POV|

The wood crackled as the bonfire started, everyone gathering and sitting down. The new couples, grinning and giggling at each other as they held hands. The old couples leaning against each other as they enjoyed the warmth of the fire.

Lucy and Sammy had become a couple of last weeks, after being discovered kissing in the trees by Minho. YN had managed to silently threaten Sammy when Lucy wasn't looking but still congratulated them nonetheless. She also was handed something from John, grinning and muttering something about winning a bet.

The fire was a normal occasion that happened every week. A day where they would talk about their stories of the scorch. Talk about what they had gone through. And every time, only one person would talk. They would say their story, and then the next week someone else would talk. 

YN had zoned out while listening to the story telling. Her hands fiddling with her jacket that she had placed in her lap.

"Hey."

She paused, turning her head to face Newt who had taken her place next to her. Emmy asleep on the other side of her. 

"Hey." She whispered back, smiling up at him as he slowly sat down beside her.

"I was wondering, if we could talk. Somewhere else." He said, glancing around before looking back at her. 

Her brows raised slightly, before she nodded her head. She turned to Lucy, tapping her on the shoulder and nodding her head to Emmy. Lucy smiled and nodded, still holding Sammy's hand, and helped move Emmy so that she wasn't leaning on YN anymore.

They stood up silently, YN quickly putting the jacket on before following Newt as he walked towards the beach.

[NEWT POV]

My heart was practically beating out of my chest with each step I took beside her. My nerves were in a bundle and my anxiety was going through the bloody roof. Only she could make me this way, she always has. I could barely stop myself from stumbling over my own bloody feet like a shucking idiot. The sand was soft under our feet, our shoes being left on the rocks a few feat back. The tide coming and going softly, interrupting the silence.

I knew what I wanted to say, what I need to tell her. How everyday with her seemed like a dream. How the days where we would act like we had in the glade, seemed to make the past invisible. How the small kisses we had shared since we arrived, made my days brighter than ever before. 

How I was begging, dying to know if I could hold her in my arms again, and call her mine.

"What are you think?"

I blink out of my thoughts, turning my head towards her and feeling my heart skip a beat at her smile.

"What?" I said, like an idiot.

But hearing her laugh seemed worth it.

Her hand grasped mine, tugging it back as she stopped walking. I paused and looked back at her in confusion. She took a step towards me, the tide coming in a covering out feet for a moment.

"You always frown when your thinking Newt. Makes me think that your upset about something, but your just trapped in your mind. So, what is making you frown so much?" She smiles, her hands grasping mine, holding them in hers.

I stare down at her in slight awe, before shaking my head with a chuckle. Rubbing my thumb on the back of her hand. 

Did I want to be sublet about it? Or did I was to just blurt it out? My brain was frying just trying to think about it. But I couldn't tear my gaze away from her adorable face. And before I could think about it, I dove down, placing my lips against hers.