Chapter 25: Living cliché

Zacznij od początku

“What have you done to yourself?” I sputter shocked and perplexed.

“What have I done to myself?” He laughs loudly, bitterly. “It's more like what have you done to me”

“Me?” I scoff in disbelief.

He laugh ruefully. “Don't seem so shocked. You're not so innocent any more Ashley. How do you feel knowing you've done this to someone you were meant to care about. I'm nothing like I used to be and I hate it. I hate myself every minute because of it – but I hate you more. No. No – I hate Nick more”

“Riley” I breathe cautiously. “You're not thinking straight. I don't understand what I have done”

“Everything – no nothing. That's exactly what you've done, nothing. It used to be just me and you and that was the way it was supposed to stay. I loved you like a sister and was always there for you when you needed me, but where were you when I needed you? Running off with someone you barely even know and leaving the people you're meant to care about behind. I didn't know you were so easy, it's not a fucking fairytale Ashley. Wake up”

Guilt consumed me, as I began to realise how selfish I was being. Not even stopping to consider the needs of anybody else but myself. I was too determined to latch onto the only time in my life that I've ever felt truly happy, to notice anything around me.

Did I really do this to him? Could it really have been my fault or was it Riley looking for someone else to blame – so he didn't have to face the truth? I just didn't know.

“Riley-”

“I was there for you through everything you've ever been through but not any more. What are you going to do when that piece of sh*t leaves you as soon as he's had enough of you – because I certainly won't be there to pick up the pieces”

“An how the f*ck would you know?” I snap, becoming defensive.

“Anyone with eyes can see what's bound to happen. You really went for the living cliché. The bad boy and the good girl, just won't last. You all think you can be the one to change him but people can't really change”

“Stop making this my fault. I wasn't the one sniffing coke on school premise! What's gotten into you?”

He smirks bitterly. “Everyone knows what's gotten into you”

I gasp, anger overcoming the guilt I suddenly wasn't sure I should feel as bad as I did. “And you said people couldn't change”

“But I haven't changed and neither has your boyfriend. I didn't think he could stoop any lower, but palming his drugs off onto me just so he didn't get caught, is not exactly noble”

“Bullsh*t!” I rage.

He glares, squaring his shoulders and invading my personal space. “You're even sticking up for him now. What? You don't believe me?”

“No one would believe your innocent. Look at you! You're the prime example of a coke addict” I exclaim. Suddenly everything fell into place.

“You!” I growl, pushing his chest. “You set him up! You knew that he'd been sentenced before so it was easy to pin him as the dealer. No one would ever doubt the lie for a second. You'd be let off with a light sentence in juvie, with all the help you need. But Nick – Nick he'd get it worse”

He scoffs, shaking his head. “It doesn't matter. No one would believe he's innocent and what proof do you really have? The word of his doting girlfriend won't mean anything to the court”

An officer comes round the corner and my profanities dying on my tongue. I didn't remove my murderous glare from him even when the officer asked him to come down to the station and give a statement.

No one would believe me. I hardly believed everything myself. I had to do something – anything to prove he was innocent.

**************

Hi everyone (guilty face)

Please don't hate me!!!!!!!! I won't bore you all with any other excuses except for the true fact that I have had the worse case of writers block EVER! I tried to make it long for you guys. It's wrapping up to an end soon enough.

I'll get the next chapters up ASAP – especially with my friend helping me with my case of writers block.

Said friend is also the person who I am currently writing a trilogy with. One which I am very and extremely excited to share with you beautiful people incredibly soon. By then I aim to have this one wrapped up.

So don't worry. You'll have something to read once it's done.

I love you all. Sorry again for the millionth time. A YEAR is inexcusable, Jen (my friend) has beaten me up for every single one of you. It was painful but necessary I hope you don't expect a harsher punishment because I can't take any more.

I'm a wimp that way. The guilt is punishment enough.

Once again SORRY and I love you!

P.S. If you like 5SOS you should really check out my friend Jen's story. You'll love it :) at _jenifaithx