Chapter 9: Moste Potente Potions

Start from the beginning

"Here you are." She said, dumping the heavy book into Kai's arms. From there, the quartet returned to the second floor girls bathroom. Hermione took out a cauldron and set it inside the one of the toilet compartments. 

Meanwhile, Kai sat herself on the floor and began going through the contents to find the page with their recipe. 

"Page 394." she stated, and began flipping through the book to page 394. 

"Here it is." she said pointing to the page. There was an illustration of a person halfway through transformation. 

"12 Lacewing flies, 1 oz. of crude Antimony, 4 Leeches, 16 scruples of Fluyweed, 3 drachms of pulverized Sal Ammoniac Knotgrass blades, 1 pinch of powdered horn of Bicorn, filings and rasplings of  Salpeter, Mercury and Mars, Shredded skin of Boomslang and exract of Transfigured Being-to-be." Kai read the list of ingredients. 

"Bloody hell, those ingredients are really rare!" Ron exclaimed.

"We're getting them from Snape remember?" Harry reminded. Ron nodded, "right, forgot about that." 

Hermione was sitting next to Kai, sharing the weight of the big book across both their legs. Meanwhile, Harry and Ron were standing against the toilet cabinets. 

"How long will brewing take?" Harry asked curiously. 

"A month." Kai stated.

"A months?!?!" Ron exclaimed, "Malfoy could kill half the Muggle-borns in the school by then!"

"It's the only plan we've got, Ronald." Hermione reminded him.

"I still doubt it's Malfoy, but he might give us a clue." Kai pipped up. 

"Well who else do you think would want to rid Hogwarts of Muggle-borns?" Ron asked. 

"Well, I have my theories." Kai informed. 

"Well go on." Ron encouraged. 

"Ginny-" Kai started.

"Ginny?!?! Ginny would never! Plus, she's too chicken to do something like that! You've seen her, she's terrified-"

"Ginny has been on with this diary lately. Apparently it belonged to Tom Marvolo Riddle, and he was around the last time the chamber was opened-" but Kai was cut off by Hermione. 

"Kai has a point, Ronald. I read about him in Hogwarts: A History." Hermione added. 

"WILL YOU LET HER FINISH!" Harry yelled. Ron and Hermione fell silent. 

"Yes, Ronald, she has been terrified.  However, she never remembers where she was when the attacks have happened. That was the case on Mrs. Norris, Colin aaand Justin." Kai explained. 

After a long argument, the quartet dropped the topic and focused on getting their first ingredients. 

"Ok, so tonight Kai and I use the cloak to get the Fluxweed. Hermione and Ron will go tommorow evening to get Lacewing flies, and Kai will go ask Snape for some Knotgrass when she next had potions." Harry concluded. Everyone agreed and so they headed back to the common room.