Modern day Highschool

Peeta POV
Alright. Today's the day. Today is the day I'm going to ask Katniss out. I've loved Katniss since I was 5 years old. We've been best friends since we were 5. I knew the moment I met her. That one day she would be mine.
I've never dated another girl. Kissed another girl. Or done anything with another girl because no other girl is Katniss. Katniss Everdeen is the love of my life. Only if she felt the same...

Katniss POV.
As I walk into school. Everyone is staring at me. Is there something on my face?
I'm looking around for my friends but I don't see them. I need to tell Peeta that I love him. I actually love him. I've loved him since we were 10. So I haven't done anything with another guy. Hopefully one day he'd see that I'm saving it for him. Only if he felt the same...

Peeta POV.
Alright I'm standing here on the commons area with roses in my hand. With a sign behind me saying "Will you be my girlfriend?" And all of our friends around us.
"Where is she? She should've been here by now."
"Peet you need to chill." Finnick pats my back. "She'll be here."
Annie yells "Peeta look!"
There she is staring at me.
I look at her.
"Katniss Everdeen. I have loved you since we were 5 years old. And I knew one day I'd have the guts to ask you out. But I didn't know that it would've taken me this long. And for that. I apologize. So Katniss." I walk up to her. Tears streaming down her eyes. "Will you please be my girlfriend?"
She looks at me and looks at our friends then back to me.
"Peeta. You have no idea how long I've waited for those words to come out of your mouth. Yes! A million times yes! I'll be your girlfriend!"
I pick her up and spin her around and kiss her.
I finally got the girl of my dreams.