Chip Switch

Mulai dari awal

"And what about me?" I asked as he grinned.

"Well you could have been all combined. Your proportions can fit into both super speed and super strength, but I created it to have another super smart bionic human being you know in case Chase—" Davenport looked over at his son, who frowned at him. "Lost his chip or... something."

"The point is, switching their chips could cause all kinds of unpredictable problems, so you should never do it... ever. I have spoken!" He continued before leaving as Chase scoffed.

"Mr. Davenport is making such a big deal about nothing." He said as I crossed my arms and shrugged, doubting everything about these three teenagers.

"I know. I mean, we already switched our chips and nothing bad happened." Bree said as Adam nodded.

"I know." He said before gasping. "Race you to school!" He yelled, going to super speed away before crashing into the wall. I shook my head in disappointment.

"I'm telling you guys now, something is going to go wrong and I, being the only one who didn't switch my chip and therefore has a bigger chance of saving the day, is going to get caught in your mess." I predicted as Chase rolled his eyes.

"We'll be fine, Dottie. Nothing is going to go wrong!"

I sat in the corner of the elevator, an annoyed expression on my face as Principal Perry started aggressively pressing the emergency phones buttons.

"I told you something bad was going to happen." I told Leo as he sighed.

"Yeah but, Adam, Bree and Chase will be here any minute to save us!" He said with high hopes as I got up, yanking the phone from Perry.

"And if there is any one still in this school that possibly has superhuman abilities, I would like to remind you that I AM IN HERE TOO." I snapped, slamming the phone into the wall in anger.

"I would prefer it if Spikette didn't make an appearance." Leo smiled as I glared at him. I could control my anger for the time being as I was hiding my fear behind it. Was now a good time to mention I was claustrophobic?

Well guess what? I'M CLAUSTROPHOBIC.

I knew this would happen. Me and Leo would get caught in a mess and Adam, Bree and Chase wouldn't have a clue on what to do because they switched their bionics! I'll be in here for forever.

I went to sit down, only to help as the elevator jolted. I gripped onto the metal bar, only for my bionics to glitch and zap Leo and Principal Perry unconscious.

"Oh no." I muttered as the elevator stopped jolting. I went back to the phone, tapping away. "Alright listen up, bionic idiots. It's Vanessa. My bionics just glitched and now Leo and Perry are unconscious. So if you three don't hurry it up and switch your child back to normal, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU ALL." I snapped, shutting the phone off as I slid down the wall, bringing my knees close to my chest as I felt my heart start to race faster.

I looked up to the ceiling, scanning the elevator. Those wires definitely weren't melted by fire. I said to myself, coming to the conclusion that Chase had glitched and zapped the wires with Adam's heat vision.

I glared down at the unconscious Leo. "You owe me $20." I grumbled before going back to panicking.

When Leo and Perry woke up I had finished my crying fit, barely calming down but enough to make it seem like I was okay. "Are you okay?" I asked Leo as he nodded.

"Yes I am. Thank you-"

"I was asking my friend, Perry." I said as Perry frowned at me, Leo doing to the same.

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly as I held out my hand. He sighed and realized what I was doing, placing a $20 in my hand and I pocketed it.

"When I get out of this damn elevator, I'm going on o make it so Adam, Bree and Chase wished they never did this in the first place." I muttered to myself as I felt the elevator start to rise, only for it to fall again. I gripped onto the metal bar, my knuckles turning white as the elevator slammed down.

After a while it started to rise again, and the doors finally opened. I stumbled out of the elevator and unreluctantly into the arms of Chase, who pulled away to see me glaring at him.

"I'm sorry, Dottie. We didn't think-"

"Exactly! You guys didn't think! None of you did!" I snapped, also looking at Leo. "All you thought was 'hey! Wouldn't it be cool if we switched our chips and didn't think about the consequences of our actions?!' You are all to blame for what just happened. I told you guys it was a bad idea and none of you listened!" I finished, storming out of the school and leaving Adam, Bree, Chase and Leo there.

I wasn't going to lie, that felt really good. I felt bad for snapping at them, but it's their faults for not thinking about what could go wrong. I guess I was keeping all of my emotions in all of the time by I it's popped like a balloon. Should I go back in and apologize?

No. They can wait until they get home.

I closed the cyber desk as I heard the three train wrecks walk in, turning to see Adam reading a book. So they must have switched their chips twice.

"Hey guys. How was school? How's the chip switch go?" Davenport asked with a forced grin as Chase and Bree looked at me like I had snitched. Which I didn't. I'm angry, not a bitch.

"How'd you find out?" Chase asked pointedly as I clicked my tongue, leaning on the desk with one arm and holding my hands together.

"Well, first of all, Adam is reading a book instead of gnawing on it... and you left the extractors out." He said as Bree and Chase made an 'o' with their mouths.

"Look, Mr. Davenport, we know you're upset, but you were right. Without our chips, we're, like, totally useless—like normal people." Chase explained as I hummed.

"I don't want to say I told you so. But I'll sing it! I told ya so." I sang as Davenport frowned at me. "What? It's not my fault you didn't get the hint that they had already switched their chips when I asked about it."

"Look, I'm glad you guys learned your lesson, but I'm very disappointed in you. Now, how big of a bill can I expect from the school?" He asked, starting to count out money.

"None. We made it all look like an accident." Chase grinned as Davenport smiled, cheering and high-fives Bree before wincing in pain.

"She has the strength now, right?" Davenport asked as Chase nodded in confirmation before pulling me to the side. I crossed my arms at him, waiting for a true apology.

"Vanessa I'm really sorry. I just wanted to know what it was like to be in Adam's shoes and be the strongest on the team. I wanted to finally be the upper-hand and pick on him for once." Chase said as I sighed.

"Alright. And I'm sorry, too. I shouldn't have snapped at you guys. I guess all the stress from training, and school and finally starting to have less nightmares-" I quickly cut myself off as Chase frowned at me.

"Nightmares? Ness, I thought you said you haven't had one in months?" He asked with a concerned look as I groaned.

"I'm sorry, okay? I just wanted you to stop worrying about me. I've been keeping all of my emotions in for so long that I just couldn't handle it anymore and took it out on all of you." I explained as he sighed and hugged me tightly.

"I love you, you know that right?" Chase muttered as I melted into the hug and nodded.

"I love you, too."