[RQ] Spooked Sister (Batsis)

Start from the beginning

(Y/N) gulped, Are you kidding me? He's my brother? No, I don't wanna be related to this creepy dude!

"Name's Jason, Jason Todd. Bruce's dead son. Or, well, I guess not anymore."

Now that she had heard of. Never explicitly, but there were gentle reminders of him all over the house.

"I know you—I-I've seen you before. In a picture above the stairs, it used to be you n' Dick n' Bruce before he took it down. He said he couldn't look at it anymore, too many memories. But there is one by his nightstand of you, I saw it once. And in his office. But—but that's impossible, I mean, how did you rise from the dead?"

He laughed, "I'm not a zombie, kid. Not the kind you're thinking of, anyway. Ra's used the Lazarus Pit to revive me. It was after the Joker killed me. Though, you probably have no idea what I'm saying, huh?"

"Um," she froze, "N-no. I do. I—I know the Joker."

"That's a given, everyone in Gotham does."

"N-no, I mean...I know him," she pressed further into the wall, making sure the door was locked, "Can I, um, can I tell you something? And you won't freak out?"

"Think I should be asking you that," he raised an eyebrow, "But sure. I got time. Bruce n' Dick have always been slow to find my hiding spots."

(Y/N) ignored him, "The Joker—he was, um. He was my...dad."

"He was your dad?" Jason replied incredulously.

"Before he went all nut job and everything...he had me. I don't know how he ended up taking care of me and not my mom, what ever happened to her, but he did. He was a good dad at first, a little lacking in the money department, but y'know, he loved me. He had that...disorder that made him laugh all the time. But no one ever wanted to listen to him. Everyone just thought he was strange. He didn't have enough money to keep me fed and also go to therapy and get meds for it, so he didn't. And then, y'know, when I was like two, he became the Joker. Went on a murderous rampage and everything. I'm sure you know the story, everyone does. After that, he stopped caring about me. I wouldn't get fed for ages, and the times he would feed me good meals or give me nice things, he always wanted something in return. But he was my dad, y'know, I knew how to avoid his manipulation. And that's why he hated me. Because he knew I wasn't gonna turn out like him. But then I became this so, not much better, huh?"

Engrossed in the story, she had almost forgot Jason was there until she expected him to laugh at her joke. He didn't, but she couldn't blame him.

"B-but, yeah. Um. Yeah. W-when he thought I was old enough to live on my own, he sent me away. Think he would've just killed me if I wasn't his kid. I managed for a few days, but there wasn't much I could do on the streets. That's when B found me, getting beat up by one of my dad's goons. Ironic, huh? The only other person who knows is him, only 'cause he had to legally adopt me and they told him who my real parent was. I never told Dick and Tim. I didn't—I didn't want them to hate me."

A silence settled over them, (Y/N) with her knees to her chest and Jason staring blankly at the wall. She dug her nails into her legs.

"Sorry, I know I talked for too long, I'm sorry. Please don't kill me, though, I'm not my dad, I swear! I—I have a different family now!"