[RQ] Spooked Sister (Batsis)

Start from the beginning

"I'll get the bandages ready," she sighed.

"As always, you're my favorite," Bruce smirked.

She grinned up at the man as her eldest brother made a noise of offense. They argued for a few minutes over who should earn the title as Tim looked at something on his tablet.

He got up abruptly, making (Y/N) jump a bit, "Guys, I gotta go to the cave. Needa' solve this case. You wanna come with me, (Y/N)?"

"Um..." she glanced in the direction of the cave's entrance, biting her lip. It was a little far, and she'd already established herself in the eating area...

"You don't have to if you don't want, just thought you might enjoy it," Tim interrupted.

"No, yeah, I'll come, just—um—can you walk a little slower, please?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry," he nodded as she softly pinched the back of his hoodie, following close behind him. He ended up scooping her arm into his own and running with her the rest of the way to the cave, her yelping all the while.

"Tim, be nice to your sister!" Bruce called.

"I am!"

"No, you're not!" they heard (Y/N) whine faintly, "You're so mean!"

"You're slow."

"Ugh, you're the worst!"

Shaking his head, Bruce chuckled softly at their antics as Dick bounced his knee.

"Bruce, what are we gonna do when the summer's over?" Dick asked, still staring at the spot where the two kids turned the corner.

His father took a sip of coffee, "What do you mean?"

"Well, I mean, we have to send (Y/N) to school, right? But she just seems so timid about that stuff, I dunno if she'll be ready for it."

"Quit trying to parent your siblings, Dick," he placed a hand on the man's shoulders, "You don't need to worry about that. I'll figure it out, but I have faith she'll overcome all of this. And if not, there's always homeschooling."

Dick had his doubts; everyone knew (Y/N) didn't like getting out of the house much, she didn't even like leaving her room that much. After a few months of living in the Wayne household, she'd gotten better with it, but she still freaked out at the mention of actually leaving their property. She didn't hate the outdoors or anything, in fact, the backyard was usually where she took refuge when she was really upset with the boys, it was just the people that frightened her. It made sense, no one had to wonder why (Y/N) wouldn't bother trusting people again after even her own parents wronged her; but although they understood, they also knew she'd need to get over this at some point, and she knew it, too.

But that point wasn't today. As she sat in the garden, she still jumped at any sound. The manor didn't have any neighboring houses, which was nice, but there was a sidewalk not far from it. (Y/N) kept reminding herself there was a gate, and drank her tea at a table in the serene outdoors. The sun was setting, and the boys had just left. If she wasn't afraid of the sound of other people, she would've found it quite relaxing.

She hummed nervously, "Nope, not today. I'm going back in."

Tea in hand, the girl was just about to open the sliding door when suddenly someone grabbed her and she was soaring through the air. It took her a second to process what was happening, but when she did, she was screaming for her life.

"Someone help me! Please!" she shouted, "Oh my god, I am going to die!"

What is the point of my family being vigilantes if they're not going to actually save me! she thought as she scanned the city for the masked heroes.