Debug

I woke back up at nine feeling exhausted. I’d been up until two in the morning trying to get a virus off my computer and I was feeling the effects. I dozed for thirty more minutes before I finally got up and checked my computer.

The virus still wasn’t gone. I was irritated to say the least.

I gave it the command to disinfect my computer for the third time and let it run while I put some clothes on and ate breakfast.

The house was empty. Mom and Dad were at work and Blithe, Cadence, and Maverick started back at school last week. School starts on Monday for me. I’m not looking forward to it.

I messed around until almost eleven trying to get my computer debugged. Maverick’s Xbox is capable of internet connections to I checked Facebook, Wattpad, and my e-mail through that while I waited for my computer to finish disinfecting and rebooting.

It was kind of cool. I started reading Death Eaters by Zeke while I waited.

I came back fifteen minutes later and found that it hadn’t worked. I was getting angry. The most recent version of Running Red, all of my photography, and the vast majority of my school work was on this computer. I resolved to buy a backup hard drive as soon as I could make it back to town.

I searched through my anit-virus system to find out exactly what it was trying to debug. There was nothing obvious. It said that file was a Trojan and that it was in “Location: http//:Systems/FlyOn97/computer/program” or something equally unintelligible.

I clicked around until I found that location and found that a program that I downloaded the day before had given me some sort of awful malicious virus.

 I had to look it up on Google how to uninstall the program and did so with great enthusiasm. 

Finally, blessedly, it worked and I was bug free.

-----------

Viruses scare me so bad. I'm just waiting for the day that my computer will just crash. *shudders*

-FO97