Gravity

There was a guy sitting across from me at our table. He looked ethnic. Short dark hair, styled in pointed little spikes, olive skin, and a hint of Asian in his eyes. He was wearing a black and grey sweatshirt with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows. His right hand was in the hand of his girlfriend at my right. She was a sweet girl and a friend of mine, but I never met the guy before. Both of them faced sideways to better view the concert.

We were watching one of those no-name local bands. They had scored a gig in a coffee shop next to a bookstore that was going out of business. A good friend of mine, who was sitting at my left had taken me so that we could have a good time. I had been enjoying myself, and I still was, but now I was distracted.

It was his left hand that caught my eye. He had it clenched in a permanent fist, which he held suspended in the air the way that you might hold a side rail or a bicycle handle. It was as if he was holding something that nobody but him could see, as if he was desperately gripping to something important, as if he was holding something that he wouldn’t, couldn’t, let go.

Not many people would have noticed. The music was loud and exciting, everybody was focused on listening to the band, and his hand was so low that only I could see it because of the angle that I was sitting. I had gotten a text message and it only took me a few seconds to take my eyes off of the lead guitarist, and look to my left and there he was, grasping at thin air as if he could no longer trust gravity to keep him attached to earth.

---------------

And there's your first taste at what this book will be about! No real lead in and no real conclusion. Only a brief account of an actual thing that happened to me, using little ouside of description. 

Let me know what you think! Your comments don't have to be special or very in-depth. Just let me know you read it. I love hearing from you guys!

-FO97