Chapter 1: A Rude Awakening

Start from the beginning

Then all of a sudden the door opened, "ah, yes. Is this the new one?" Ms. Gabs said to the staff member in front of the human figure.

"Yes, I am actually really busy so I won't be able to show her around the school today-"

"I also cannot, I have a meeting with most of the 11th and 12 grade teachers, um.." They both stared at us as they were in a stage of deep thought, "I got nothing, uh, I'll just have one of the kids do it im sure they wouldn't mind.

"Ok then, bye bye Ms. Gabs."

The door behind the girl shut. She looked like the person who would sit under the stairs by herself and eat lunch, but who am I to judge. She had a black hoodie on and thick light brown hair rested on her shoulders.
"Hi, I'm Ms. Gabs, your English teacher for the year! Yay! Um, how about you go take a seat next to Thomas." Aggressively snapping she commanded me to raise my hand so the girl knows who to be seated with.
She walked up the middle of all the seats down to the back, not saying a word she raised her hand in a sign of hello, in a way of communication, I did the same thing back. "Alright class, before we get actually started today would you like to tell us your name, why you moved to this school and 2 goals you have for this semester."
The girl awkwardly looked at everyone and stood up, "uh, My names Rachel, I moved to this school because my last one was pretty toxic and chaotic; And two goals I have for semester is to get good grades, and make friends."

The teacher who was nodding her head the whole time spoke, "Nicely said, have a seat Rachel."
Right as the teacher began to rant I built up the courage talk to her. "Im Thomas, nice meeting you." I held out my hand and she shook it.
"Rachel." She said in response.
Despite the fact her thick fluffy hair was covering her face the whole time, I have a good feeling about her. She didn't seem like the other girls..

The bell rang once more as the class begun, Ding dang ding

The classroom filled with conversations, as I stuffed my book in my backpack I saw the honey-haired girl walking out the door.

Yall, dont get mad, I know rae dyed her hair black but this is younger Rae :)

"Hey!" I shouted flinging my backpack over my shoulder, the girls uncovered eye shimmered as her attention was drawn to me. I walked over to her, "So uh-"

"Move out the way loser." Mason said shoving me to the floor as the bell rang.
Ding dang ding.

"Mason!-"

"Detention?" He asked allowing her to not finish the sentence, "Already on my way you hag." His friends snickered as they walked out the door. I looked up the girl was already gone. "Huh." I got up and brushed myself off, making sure nothing in my bag was damaged.

"Are you ok Thomas?"

"Oh, yeah don't worry about me."

"Those boys are just trouble!"

"Agreed.."

"Well, head onto your next class now, I wouldn't want you to be late!"

"Alright then." I threw my backpack over my shoulder and and used my hand to sweep my hair to the left.

"Oh! And Thomas?"

"Uh, yes?"

"Im so sorry, but do you mind giving the new girl a tour?"
I gave her a sour face meaning I really didn't want to, I didn't want to be mean, I just don't have the time. "I'll give you extra credit..!"

"Deal."

"Great! Well, you have a good day now, and if you have questions I'm free for a good 5 minutes after school." I gave her a thumbs up. Then as I started walking I asked her for a note so I won't have points docked off my grade for being late.

There's 3 floors to my school, well kind of 4. They have the elective rooms or club rooms. Those are the rooms that some people go to after school if they signed themselves to participate. All these activities and the senior rooms shared this floor. Then we have the roof as the 4th floor. Most people don't go to the roof, though they are allowed to.

And, if you couldn't tell already, I'm Thomas. I just turned 18 and started senior year. Today is November 4th, already almost half way through! Anyway, I never really had any friends to talk to as I transferred into high school. Then I met Ms. Locke in Freshman year around winter. She's a sweet lady and if she gets the chance she'd come have lunch with me on the roof. Maybe she just has a soft spot for the underdog.
And as for Mason, he just tries to improve his reputation. He doesn't care about anything he does, and I also don't care about it all that much either. Sometimes I wish I could just snap..! But I know what's best for me so I don't.

I hope you enjoy. :)