Chapter 1: A Rude Awakening

Warning: This warning isn't to serious, its just that in this book you might read a section and say 'what? They didnt have this back then!' Sorry, I'm only 18 myself, so you might see younger terms, slang, and speech. That's all! Sorry if you actually have a problem with this. :)
Also! If you don't know Sykkunos real name is Thomas so thats what I'll be using in the story.

My mom gave me the side eye as we rushed into her car. The ride to Heather Lean High school where I attended was dead silent. I gulped in hesitation of wanting to start up a conversation with my mother. "Thomas, you need to wake up earlier or else you can start walking to school!"

"I know, Im sorry mom, I-I promise I won't miss the bus again..!"

As she came to break at the red light she gave me the mom stare. Feeling pressured, I reassured her, "Mom! I really won't."

"Ok then honey, but believe me, I'm not gonna cut you slack anymore." She looked left and right then she pressed and the pedal as the car started to move once more.

"Ok.." I sighed and slumped back in my seat knowing that I can't stay up late playing video games anymore.

I could soon see my high school in full view. "Hurry up, you only have five minutes, and you still need to get to your classes..!" She put the car in park and helped me gather my stuff. Once I had my backpack on and opened the door she had left a comment of good luck. "Have a good school day honey, be safe!" She rolled her window up, and looked in mirror for cars behind her. I held my held up in sign of goodbye, as she mirrored my actions. I stood there watching her car drive down the street until it took a turn.
I then took my phone out to look at it, and glanced over the time. "Oh shoot!"

3 minutes?! How did it go by so fast!

I bolted through the school, "did you miss the bus again Thomas?" She came forward to me and rested her arms on the desk that separated us.

This is Mrs. Locke, through the years her and I have grown a strong bond within each other. She's the only one who really ever talked to me.

"Yup, my mom finally confronted me about it today in the car."

"Really? What'd she say?"

"She just said that I need to wake up earlier; And I already know that means no more video games for me."

"That sucks, must be worth it for the bus."

The loud bell had started its ringtone.
Ding dang ding

"I guess," She backed up and pulled out a sticky note, she immediately started writing on it with her inked black pen.

"Here" She tore it off of the multiple pages stacked under it. "Tell your teacher your late because you helped me out by carrying boxes to my classroom."

"Ok, you're the best Mrs. Locke!" I started on an easy jog towards my first class, "you know it Thomas!" The fairly fainted voice shouted. I ran up the stairs the second floor, which held the English classroom A3. I opened the door which drew much attention towards me. "Late again Thomas?" I saw her lick her finger as she was about to fill in for detention card to my name.

"A-Actually, I was helping out Mrs. Locke.." I stepped forward and handed her the paper.

"Oh, thank you Thomas, have a seat." I walked to the back of the classroom where my chair was and sat down.

I didn't know if English was that boring, but the whole time I couldn't help but have my thoughts of English melt into thoughts of going home and playing video games.