05 / befriending

You made your way up to the register quickly, expecting to meet Midoriya's eyes as you had when you wandered in last time

You made your way up to the register quickly, expecting to meet Midoriya's eyes as you had when you wandered in last time. This time, you were surprised when you met another girl's instead.

"May I help you?" she asked, tilting her head to one side as she smiled sweetly.

It almost caught you off guard and you had to catch your mind up to answer.

"Oh uhh.. Is Izu– I mean Midoriya here?" you corrected yourself quickly. His employees probably wouldn't know his full name and you didn't want them to get the wrong idea.

"Oh, Midoriya–san called in..." the girl suddenly faltered, her eyes wide as she noticed something behind you. But before you could turn around and see what it was for yourself, she gestured behind you. "He, uh, just came in late today."

You quickly turned around to find Izuku standing at the entrance, running a hand through his curls with a small smile on his lips. And as soon as you both made eye contact, he sent a small wave in your direction — prompting you to walk up and do the same.

"Hey," he smiled awkwardly. "So uh, what brings you here?"

"Why?" you raised an eyebrow. "I can't just say hi?"

"No, no, no," his tone raised slightly. "I didn't mean that. I, uh–sorry I wasn't trying to be mean or anythin–"

"I'm just kidding," you found yourself chuckling and waving him off. "Don't worry. I actually did come for a reason."

"And what would that be?"

"Let me treat you for lunch."

Midoriya's eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"Before you say no," you beat him before he could even open his mouth. "It's the least I could do after you helped me last night."

Izuku could only find it within himself to smile warmly — a sigh of contemptment pushing past his lips as he responded. "Sure."

"Oh, and I have this for you," you stopped him, pulling a smaller, shopping bag out of the messenger bag slung over your shoulder and handing it to him. "It's the clothes you gave me this morning," you corrected the confused look he wore. "I had to make sure I gave them to you or else I'd forget about them."

"You didn't have to.." he trailed off, stealing glances between both you and the contents of the bag — you didn't have a single clue about what he was thinking about — before he turned to you, a different, more strained smile on his lips. "I'll just go put these away really quick and we'll go.

____________________________________

All Izuku could find himself thinking about was how pretty you looked sitting across from him like that, under the faint glow of the sunlight coming in through the half closed blinds of the small café you'd lead him into, eating your sandwich and talking about some class that you were taking.