huit

your pov

"you should agree. it will help take your mind off all of this. you need a break anyways."

i nod quietly. hange explained to me what happened yesterday while i was asleep. i felt bad all of the sudden for taking this out on levi. hange was now suggesting that i agree to hang out with my friends.

"hange, i think i was a bit rough on levi. i don't think he needed to go back. we could have worked things out."

"i know," hange starts. "i think he needs some time for himself. i don't want you two getting into another fight. the two of you are obviously still stressed after finding out you can travel between two different worlds."

"how do you do that by the way, hange?"

hange then explained to me how the mint would transport a human after fully metabolizing in their system.

"so is it like some magic mint?"

"i guess you could say that." hange laughs. "but, (name), i'll also have to go back to my world. i'm thinking after you leave. i'm still needed back there."

"yeah.. i understand." i sigh. i didn't want hange to leave. hell, i didn't even want levi gone, even if we had gotten into a fight. "will the two of you ever come back?"

"maybe, maybe not. we're not sure. anything could happen when we get back home. we might not be able to if you know what i mean."

"but if that doesn't happen.... will you come back?"

"we'll try." hange smiles. "go with your friends now. you need to distract yourself."

i nod, standing up from my seat. "goodbye, hange."

"see you later, (name)." hange stands to go into the bathroom.

"how is it they figure out how to shift between worlds but they haven't even invented cars." i scoff to myself.

i was planning to meet my friends at the mall today. i walked up to the counter, picking up my wallet.

i open it, shuffling through to make sure i have enough money. my finger hit a small object. i took it out and found a mint wedges between my money.

"how did that get there.." i mutter to myself. could levi have left this behind? the door to the bathroom opened, making me jump. i shoved the mint back into my wallet before stuffing the wallet in my pocket.

"that was a short goodbye." hange laughs.

"i was grabbing my wallet." i laugh nervously. "bye, hange. for real now."

they wave to me as i walk out the door, locking it behind me.

☆☆☆

"there they are!" ryo announces, pointing over to me. we all stood outside of the mall.

"were you guys waiting for me. sorry." i scratch the back of my neck.

"it's okay, (name), we weren't waiting long." fae smiles.

"is alex not here?" i ask, looking around for the blonde.

"no," ryo starts. "she was busy today."

"nice to see you, (name)." tai smiles, patting my back.

"good to see you too, tai."

the four of us walk into the mall, looking around at all the shops before deciding which store we wanted to walk into first.