chapter 5~first night

tw: nightmare, very small mention of abuse,running away

y/n pov

i desperately hoped than wilbur hadn't seen me flinch, really i ruined it this early. i bet he knew.

i followed phil up the stairs trying to shake the negative thought out of my mind. 'jesus christ this house is massive' i thought the stairs lead to a large open space with doors around it.

'that's technos room' phil said pointing to the furthest door on the left.

'that's tommy's' he pointed to a door on the right.

'there's my room' the door next to technos.

i was trying to map out and memorise the house the best i could, in case i needed to run. that's what i do best.

'wilburs room' he announced bringing my back from my thoughts.

'and this is' he said opening the door next to wilburs 'your room, there's a bathroom through there'

it was bigger than anything i've ever been in, with massive windows on one side a queen bed leaded up against a wall and a desk against the other wall.

'omg thank you so much sir' shit i'd fucked it up again. my last home had made me call him sir.

'oh no need for the formalities just call me phil' he said seeming slightly shocked.

'oh um sorry' i muttered flinching ready for a slap, but it never came.

phil definitely noticed that. oh god. i ruined it.

'it's alright don't worry about it, there's
some toiletries in the bathroom and my room is just there if you need anything' the man explained. 'i'll leave you to unpack, goodnight y/n'

'goodnight' i said giving him an awkward smile as he as closed the door.

finally. i was alone for the first time in days. i lent back on the bed. it was literally so comfortable.

these new people seem nice but also weirdly off i'm probably just thinking to much into it there probably just tired it's like 1 am for gods sake. but i know i've seen it all before: take in a foster kid,show them off then dump them back into the system. better than abuse i guess.

jesus my life is fucked.

i just put my bags down by the dresser and decided to sleep deal with every else in the morning.

i got changed into some t-shirt i found in my bag brushed my teeth and whatever then climbed into bed.

here's to house 25 i think while falling asleep.

tw:nightmare

i could see him in the doorway.

no
no
no
not again. i can't. no please i don't want to get hurt again.
i can't
i can't
he's coming i can't run
i'm stuck
i'm stuck
he's getting closer
no
no
no

end of tw

i jolted up. shit. another nightmare, i hope no one heard. shit what if they heard. i was sweaty and tangled up in my sheets.

i decided it was best to go down stairs since there was no chance i was falling asleep again and i didn't want to wake anyone up.

i still couldn't understand how a single dad could afford a house like this it was literally insane.

there was a light on downstairs in the open kitchen but no one was there. thank god. my throat was dry but i didn't know where the cups were and what if the sound of running water woke someone up, i'd be done for. i couldn't risk it so i just sat on the island trying to calm myself down.when i heard someone coming down the stairs. shit.

i didn't know what to do. what if i was in trouble or they were going to punish me. i just froze my mind racing.

'hello' i voice called, and Wilbur stepped round the corner.

'oh, um I'm so sorry i- i-' i blurred out. what do i do oh god.

'no no don't worry seriously it fine.' the brunette said panicked 'couldn't sleep' he said making his way over to sit on the island with me.

'nightmare' i replied flatly. i felt like i could trust wilbur, he just had that look about him.

'ah the worst, i used to have them i well i get it' he said obviously trying to comfort me but it was working. i just smiled back.

'is there anything i could get you, water maybe'

'oh i water would be great thanks' i replied.

he grabbed a glass from one of the cupboards and then filled it up from a water dispenser on the fridge. 'holy shit,these people are rich rich' i thought.

'here' he said handing it to me. he sat with me while i drank and calmed down, just making casual small talk like what can i play on guitar or my favourite movie. it felt good. like he really cared for once unlike every other 'sibling' i've had.

'you should probably make your way up to bed' wilbur said reading the clock, it was almost 3 am.

'oh yeah' i replied awkwardly we made our way upstairs and to the corridor that split off the upstairs rooms 'thank you, um for this'

'oh no problem really' he said smiling 'night y/n'

'night wilbur' i said before making my way back into my room and into bed.

'first nights are always the worst' i thought before drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

907 words

sorry for the super slow update, i had a bad turn with my mental health and decided to focus on that instead i really hope you enjoyed going to start trying for weekly updates:)