chapter 1~i needed to run

TW: mentions of abuse,running away, parent death,alcohol/drinking

y/n pov

i needed to run. i tossed a few outfits, my childhood toy elephant who i could never sleep without and a photo of my dad, me and my little sister all smiling into the camera into my old and torn backpack. i paused putting the photo in, it was one of the last times i can remember feeling truly happy and worry free, but now wasn't the time for memories i needed to get out. i threw my flannel on over my oversized band tee and baggy jeans and grabbed my backpack. just before i left i stopped and remembered, i had to bring my guitar it was the last thing my dad had bought me, i couldn't just leave it behind. then i ran. thats where it started at least.

most of my life had been pretty normal, until my dad died. my mum started drinking and it all went down hill from there, she met my stepdad. probably the worst thing to ever happen to me. i can't remember a time where it wasn't hitting me, screaming at me for even talking or commenting on my appearance. he was always a drunk too. but the only thing i ever appreciated him for was the fact he never lay a finger on my little sister. my mum just sat and let it all happen, to be fair she was probably to drunk to even know what was going on. so i left.

once i got out of the house, i realised i hadn't thought much of this through, i mean i had money but no where to go. so i ended up on the streets for a few days before someone noticed and call a social worker since then i've been tossed around the system.

24 homes, that's how many i've been in. some just didn't want to foster any more, or couldn't handle me', others were again abusive or just straight up neglected me. there was the odd few who took in a 'problem child' to look good for a month or so then chucked me right back in the system.

it was one of the abusive ones who ended me up here, sat on the side of a road outside a police station  waiting for my social worker to come get me to take me to an orphanage.

404 words
short chapter i know but just setting some stuff up for the future hope you enjoyed :))