chapter 3~the boys

tw: mention of abuse, black eye

i breathed deeply bracing myself. god i hate meeting new people, i followed phil into the kitchen.

'oh your bags you can just leave them down in the hall' phil said glancing down at my battered backpack and guitar case.

i really didn't want to leave them there, i didn't trust these people yet but i knew not to disobey orders that's what got you hit. 'oh um thank you' i replied trying to sound as calm as possible but you could still hear the fear in my voice.

the three boys were all staring at me, i hate being the centre of attention.

one of the older boys was wearing a yellow sweatshirt and jeans, he had brown curly hair that just fell over his face, circle glasses and these big kind brown eyes. the second boy looked about the same age but he had pink messy pick hair that also fell slightly over his eyes, he was wearing a white button up shirt that could just be seen under a black hoodie and black jeans. his eyes were red and seemed cold and angry. the last bit seemed to be younger that the others but still older than me. he had yellow blond hair a little shorter than the older boys and was wearing a red and white baseball tee.

'hey i'm tommy it's nice to meet you..um' the younger teenage announced faltering at the last bit.

'oh i'm y/n' i said back.

'nice to meet you y/n, i'm tommy' he replied.

'you already said that dumbass' the pink haired boy chuckled, the brunette laughing with him.

'dickheads' the boy i now knew as tommy muttered.

'boys' phil said sternly quitting them all down.

'hi i'm wilbur' the brown haired boy said kindly smiling at me.

'i'm technoblade, but call me techno' the last boy announced his voice was monotone and low.

'i saw you had a guitar do you play?' wilbur asked.

'oh yeah i've been playing for a few years'
i said still keeping my guard up i knew far to well even if they looked nice they probably weren't.

his eyes seemed to light up at my statement 'i play too' he said excitedly.

'cool' i replied softly smiling.

'hey um y/n you want anything for that eye it looks like it hurts' phil said kindly.

shit. my eye, i had completely forgot. as a parting gift dad 24 had got me pretty good before i ran. that's what i did best.

'oh um i don't want to cause any trouble,it's late and i know i've probably woken you all up' i said nervously my eye suddenly stung i guess the adrenaline from the night had worn off.

'no really it's no trouble at all,here let my grab you an ice pack and i'll grab something for your lip' the oldest man said hurriedly but kindly 'boys why don't you go up to bed i'll sort y/n out and show them to their room.'

techno and tommy both obeyed and begin walking upstairs.

'night y/n see you in the morning' tommy said before heading up the stairs.

'thanks you too' i said awkwardly but he was gone.

but wilbur stayed. he offered me another kind smile while phil had gone off to grab something.

wilbur pov

'so how old are you' i asked breaking the uncomfortable silence.

y/n looked relieved that i had spoken 'i'm 13' they said with an awkward smile beginning to fiddle with the sleeves of their shirt.

'jesus christ that's young to go through this' i thought, i had read i small section of their file from phils phone and it was not pretty to say the least.

'um how old are you' they asked

'i'm 17 so's techno and tommy is 15' i replied

'cool' they replied.

'we're adopted to by the way, me tommy and techno' i said again trying to avoid awkwardness.

they seemed to be slightly relieved by that fact but before they could reply phil came back in with and ice pack and a wet cloth.

'here y/n' he said handing it to them 'it should make it feel at least a little better'

'oh um thanks, again i'm so sorry-' they replied nervously

'really it's no trouble' phil reassured. 'do you want me to show you to your room?'

'that would be great thank you' they said looking down.

'night y/n' i called

it seemed to startle them a little, oh shit.

'you too wilbur' they said back obviously trying to shake off the sudden shock. before following phil upstairs. poor kid i thought.

784 words