Part 2: Chapter 13; Mark

So,

I've decided that because 1. I've been really busy with school, exams coming up, all of that, and 2. this final chapter taking WAY too long for me to write, I'm gonna split it up into two parts and do the second half of it once I actually can sit down and get it done

This first half is pretty good tho so I think y'all will enjoy it :)

"Hey~, come on, Shinobu, why don't you help me murder my father~?"

The butterfly girl shivered under Gadjiel's gaze, his piercing yellow eyes voiding her of any sense of security she could muster from her strength.

Kch, this guy's aura, it's as close as you can get to Sephir's without it being the real bloody thing.....

Shinobu found it hard to so much as swallow the lump in her throat as the sense of murderous unease swamped her. Everything, from the way the demon pointed at her with a razor-sharp fingernail, the murky blood trickling from his eyes, the way the wind began to blow and thrash about as they faced off, it continued to put her off.

The ravenette clutched her blade tighter, composing herself enough to respond.

"....why..." Was all she managed to croak out, however.

"Eeeeehhhh~?" Gadjiel cupped his hand to his ear and leaned forward with a smirk, and said, "Come again~? Speak up, Miss Shinobu~!"

"W-Why do you want the help of the Demon Slayer Corps?" Shinobu repeated herself, this time with a more firm tone.

The blonde demon seemed amused at her question, letting out a short mewl as he put his hands on his hips, and raised an inquisitive eyebrow.

"Oh~? Now who said anything about the Corps~? I'm only talking to you, aren't I~?"

"Huh?" Now it was Shinobu's turn to raise an eyebrow. "So, are you saying you want just my help in killing your father and Kibutsuji?"

"Fufu~, of course, who else would I come to for such a dilemma~?" Gadjiel replied with a chuckle.

"Kch, and what's so special about little ol' me, demon?"

"Oh, you know," Gadjiel sighed with a grin, "I just feel as though you would be the only one who could understand the reasons for my actions."

"Huh?" Shinobu raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, don't give me that look~," Gadjiel shook his head from side to side with a scoff, pointing towards the butterfly girl's look of bewilderment.

"You and I both know you try and mask your anger behind that little act of yours, you probably even hate demons the most out of anyone in the Corps, don't you~?"

Tch, am I really that easy to read? Shinobu grumbled to herself.

"I need that hatred of yours, Shinobu," Gadjiel said, "someone with such a deep loathing of my kind would do whatever it takes to rid this world of them, wouldn't you say?"

The blonde demon's hand changed from a mocking pointed finger, to an outstretched hand, and a smile returned to his lips.

"Come, Shinobu." He said softly, "Join me, and help me rid this world of the fake gods, Muzan, Sephir, the lot of them, and I will see to it that in the new world, empty of such false deities, you and your precious Corps will survive."

".....pft."

The quick outburst from the butterfly girl puzzled Gadjiel, and the demon raised an eyebrow.