Part 2: Chapter 9; God

Start from the beginning

The redhead teenager did not notice in the slightest, though.

"BURN AWAY, DEMON!"

Soaring through the air with his blades flying on their chains behind him, he swung them over his head in the direction of Ulir.

"BREATH OF RAGE, THIRD FORM," He roared, "GRAND PHOENIX!"

As Sakusa's chained blades came crashing down to earth like a pair of flaming missiles, however, the child demon's frowned only turned sour. "Hmph."

"Pathetic."

Ulir raised his right hand above his head, and suddenly, the blades froze in air, before flying away in the opposite direction.

Sakusa was pulled backwards with his chains and slammed into the ground, jolting back up instantly with an enraged and confused look on his face.

"WHAT?!"

"OI, DEMON!" He pointed at his foe in the sky incredulously, "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!"

"That," Ulir said.

The emaciated child demon lifted his finger up to the sky, and his eyes flared open and the air around the crimson-tipped boy grew ever so thicker under the demon's pressure.

Ulir pointed straight up at the full moon and menacingly whispered,

"That.....was godhood."

Before Sakusa could even take in the demon's ominous words, Ulir held out his opposite hand towards him, and he was dragged into the air.

W-What the fuck?!

Snatched by the throat before he would even react, Sakusa winced and grit his teeth as the demon held him effortlessly metres above the ground.

The demon child placed his right hand on Sakusa's chest, and in an instant, the Hashira was blasted backwards and bounced off the ground as he was blasted down to earth.

Blood spurted through the air as it escaped his mouth, as Sakusa let out a gasp and landed in a heap on the ground.

S-Shit! The redhead Hashira slammed his fist into the ground as he dragged himself back up, panting as blood dripped off of his eyebrow.

What the fuck was that just now?! That wasn't just a normal blow, that felt like I got strapped to a rocket and sent the other way!

Not only that, but he made my blades go flying like they were nothing!

Gritting his teeth as he brandished his blades again, the demon slayer brought his arms across his chest, and the flames burst to life once more.

"GOD DAMNIT, JUST LOOKING AT YOU PISSES ME OFF!"

"RAGE BREATHING, TWELFTH FORM; PHOENIX SQUALL!"

Sakusa slashed across his chest and flung his blades in the demon's direction, only to have them stopped instantly again.

The Hashira clicked his tongue as they were blasted away, but broke out into a slight smirk moments later.

So that's what it is!

"I'VE FIGURED YOU OUT, DEMON!"

Ülir watched with an unimpressed expression as Sakusa leapt back into the air and snatched his blades from the sky, swinging them over his head again.

"YOU CONTROL AND MANIPULATE THE AIR, DON'T YOU?!"

"FOOL."

Before Sakusa could even bring his hands down, he was yanked back towards the slender child demon, before another wave of force rocketed him back into the ground just as quickly, blood spurting out of his mouth once more as he bounced off the street, barreling into a car and toppling it over.