Chapter 10 - Our Truth (The Party, pt. 2)

At first, all of us exchanged glances in total silence

At first, all of us exchanged glances in total silence. It took us a while to process what the hell was even going on, but after a few moments of the awkward silence all three of us screamed in horror.

"Porco?! What the hell are you doing here?!"

"I think the better question here is what the hell are you doing here?!"

"I am a rightfully invited guest to this event, thank you very much!"

"Well, so am I!" Porco added, finally letting to of Pieck so she could jump down from the sink counter.

"I just wanted to go to the fucking restroom like a normal fucking human being but no, I have to see Jean's little girlfriend making out with my college arch nemesis!"

"Girlfriend? F/N, what the hell are you talking about?"

"Oh, you sure as hell know what I'm talking about, don't act dumb! You're flirting with Jean all the time, leading him on just for you to be hooking up in the restroom with fucking Porco Galliard out of all people!"

"F/N, he hasn't told you yet? Well, at least now I know that he's kept his promise then." the petite girl sighed.

"What promise? Pieck, you're making no sense right now whatsoever."

"Do we tell them? How do I know F/N won't use this against us?" Porco whispered, coherently enough for me to overhear. Pieck sighed yet again, now coming up to me and gently placing her hands on my shoulders.

"We... owe you an explanation. Us, including Jean as well. Could you please stay a minute?"

I only nodded lightly in response, laying my back against one of the bathroom stalls. At that moment, knowing nobody else was there, Pieck took a key from her purse, with which she completely locked the bathroom.

"Alright, so. Porco and I have been dating for a bit over five months now. We really love each other, but knowing that he's a journalist and that I'm an actress, showcasing our relationship would be rather inappropriate and unprofessional. So, in order to not make any rumors, we decided to kill two birds with one stone: I asked Jean for a favor, to let me make advanced towards him in order to give the media a false feeling of us dating, while I help him get a major role for a huge series coming up soon. Since I'm better known and have been in the acting industry for longer than him, I decided to help him by influencing the casting director's decision. Now, I know that's a bit unethical, but it really helps us both. As soon as he gets the part, we'll be dropping the act. There has never been anything romantic going on between Jean and I, nor will ever be."

My face has gone numb and my eyes widened up after what I heard from Pieck. So, it was all some master plan? A scheme to trick the public and press? It was just an act all along?

"F/N, listen. I know we don't like each other that much, but this is our truth and the only story that you deserve. You deserve to know. I'm sorry if this has impacted you in any way." the blond added, with a genuine frown on his face.