Chapter 6 - Boundries

"You've been avoiding me this whole morning

"You've been avoiding me this whole morning."

I was caught having breakfast on my desk alone by Jean, now tilted against the doorframe of my room, scrunching his eyebrows at me. Since I've been caught off guard, I slightly choked on my orange juice i was having with my toast.

"Avoiding? I don't think I've been avoiding you?"

"Oh yeah, you're right: you've been ignoring me."

His voice was serious and even cold, but it was definitely filled with some sort of disappointment and confusion.

To be honest, yes, I was indeed avoiding him. After being hit by that shock wave last night, I just needed some alone time. Even the remote thought of me hooking up with Jean motherfucking Kirstein was impossible to imagine, but because of such speculation now I am literally at the verge of losing my job just when I got the opportunity for a possible promotion. It was a mess that was making me more anxious than the time I lied about getting the job firsthand.

"I haven't been ignoring you. I've just been busy this entire morning." I lied.

"So why are you not having breakfast with me then?"

"Well, I just made something quick to eat while I answer my emails."

"But I thought that having breakfast and lunch together was our thing! It was like a little ritual to symbolize our friendship!"

"I'm sorry, I'm just busy. I now have to check what things you have scheduled for today, if you'll excuse me." I said coldly, getting up from my chair to exit my room, leftovers from my breakfast in hand.

I knew I couldn't avoid him forever, we practically live in the same house, and do everything together. That's also why many rumors could potentially appear, something that wasn't in either of our's interest. I really wish things could just be normal, but not today I guess.

~

It was now afternoon. Jean and I haven't spoken a word since this morning.

Jean only had one interview today, which was for E! magazine, and it was an interview with the entire cast of his recently premiered movie my sister previously talked about. The whole cast was there, filled with extremely atteactive people. One of them was even Zeke Yeager, Eren Yeager's older brother. The Yeager brothers were a very popular brother duo in the acting industry, although Eren only recently started getting more recognition. Mikasa talks a lot about him at work, so that's why I know a lot about him, and Zeke as well. It's her dream to interview either one of them one day, mostly Eren though.

Out of boredom, I started scanning the room filled with staff getting the cast ready for the interview. On the other side of the room I saw none other then Jean talking to Pieck Finger. She was rumored to be in a secret relationship with Jean, but I know that isn't true since I would see the two spend time together at least at some point. I mean, Jean trusted me a lot and basically told me anything. I think so.