*twenty(ruy)*

I don't know how this all turned into utter chaos

I don't know how this all turned into utter chaos. I remembered my brother showing up and fucking it up as always, then Sophie trying to rush up to me and in that process forgeting the knife at her throat. I remember Alvar tried to help her, but she shoved him off and her face probably told him to save his cover and leave her.

Things have been tight since that happened, Fintan a shell, Darvin secluded, Raine depressed, Glimmer lonely, Ezra fucking angry, Alvar hating himself, and me. I don't know how to feel. I know that Sophie is alive--she has to be--we have already tried to get her back and with all the Neverseen leaders too depressed to do anything Ezra led the mission and it went to hell.

*FLASHBACK*

"Guy, the leaders are doing bloody nothing to get Sophie back. I say we ought to go and try ourselves. She's at Havenfield right now, she's in a medically induced coma--and before you ask how. Let me just say I placed a bug somewhere and she's not in an induced coma, she's in an actual coma. She would have woken up months ago and I believe if we get her and Raine heals her then she'll wake up."

I zone out, "Ezra, you're forgetting the biggest part, how are we going to get into Havenfield? I'm sure that there are a lot of guards and her friends and parents are roaming around the grounds twenty four-seven." I rolled my eyes at him, we have never gotten along and with Sophie gone it only made things worse because apparently it's my fault I didn't know my brother was going to use a melder on me.

"That's where I come in, my very stupid friends. You know I'm not one for field work, but I need to be there so I can use a whole bunch of my new gadgets. It will both incapacitate them and test them out. The only thing is that Raine and I need to wear disguises because we are respected nobles who would never join the Neverseen trash."

I don't miss the fact that he called us trash, but I don't care. All I want is Sophie back, and I blush. Everyone looks at me weirdly because Ezra just called us trash and they probably think I'm blushing at him. You're mean to the people you like, it's the main motto in all of Sophie's romance books. Fuck me.

They can't know I like Sophie because I'd never hear the end of it from everyone. Fintan would look at me approvingly and call me the son he never had because he's always had a soft spot for me. He's the one who found me after I ran away from my parents when I was five, Sophie was still young so it was easy for them to watch me. Ezra would probably just give me a hundred of me speeches to why I am unworthy of his shining star of a cousin. Doesn't he know I know that already?

"So what time are we leaving?" The next words cause a commotion, "Now."

"¿Mande?What? "We need time to prepare for the field work which you so happily said you were going to join in on. It's a lot different than what you think, Ez, you're going to get yourself killed if you go like that." Glimmer said to him in a bit of a snarky voice.