"It's too hard for an antisocial like him," Kugisaki added, snickering.

Frowning, Toudou introduced himself.

"Kyoto, third-year, Toudou Aoi."

Declaring his beliefs, Todou stated that a person's taste in women said everything about them. If they were boring, their type would be boring too.

You were speechless. How straightforward could this guy be?

The tension in the air was palpable. You glanced towards Fushiguro.

"As long as she has an unshakable character, I won't ask for anything more," He finally replied.

You watched as Toudou dramatically unravel his tears. Stumbling back, he cried aloud with tear-stained eyes.

"I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I was right... You're so boring!"

Almost immediately, Toudou charged towards Fushiguro. With his brute force, you helplessly watched as Fushiguro struggled to block his attacks.

You and Kugisaki immediately went to try and help your companion, but you both suddenly noticed a pair of arms around you.

"Poor Fushiguro," Mai cooed, right next to your left ear.

Scowling, Kugisaki glared at her.

"I thought you two were similar, but that's not the case at all. Are you not sleeping enough? You got open pores," Kugisaki spat, insulting Mai.

Noticing Mai distracted, you grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards you. You created some distance between her and Kugisaki, quickly yelling out to your classmate.

"Go help Fushiguro!"

Sliding the container of onigiri away on the floor, you finally could hold her with two hands. With the rough leathery gloves against Mai's touch, she could only sneer at your stern expression.

"Watch who you pick a fight with," Mai threatened, full of infuriation.

As soon as she yanked her hand away, you heard her grab her handgun. A week ago, you'd probably have lost to her. But this time, it was different.

"It's no wonder Maki doesn't talk about you," You taunted, going into an attacking stance.

* * * *

You surpassed Mai in physical strength, and that itself was enough. Knocking her gun out of her hands, you instantly tackled and knocked her out.

Leaving her cold on the ground, you grabbed the container on the floor.

I need to find Kugisaki and Fushiguro.

You ran into the open, urgently glancing around for them. In the distance, you could see walls crashing with smoke.

Instantly, you ran in the direction.

As you ran up the stairs, your eyes widened when you saw what had happened. Nails scattered across the floor, Kugisaki was smashed straight into a pillar.

She coughed out blood, clutching her chest in agony. On the other hand, Fushiguro's head was dripping with both sweat and blood.

Right as Toudou charged towards Fushiguro, you were running already. However, in the corner of your eye, you suddenly saw Panda and Inumaki appear.

"Don't move," The sorcerer ordered, unzipping his black collar.

It was the first time you'd seen the seals on Inumaki's mouth. Toudou immediately stopped, unable to control his body.

"What are you two doing?" Panda angrily shouted, jumping in between the two.

You quietly walked towards Kugisaki, checking to see if she was alright. Behind you, you heard Inumaki say,

"Bonito flakes."

Regaining control, Toudou started walking to where you came. He finally decided to leave Fushiguro be.

"Give Okkotsu a message for me: You take part, too," He sighed, waving his hands at you all.

His brute force was terrifying, seeing as how he'd injured both of your classmates.

Kugisaki chuckled and waved you off despite the pain. Not wanting to hurt her pride, you let her be.

"Where's Maki?" Fushiguro asked, wiping off a trickling trail of blood.

You looked in the direction where Toudou left off. Panda replied,

"Probably with Mai."

* * * *

After accompanying Kugisaki and Fushiguro to the clinic, you promptly returned to the training area. You watched as Panda and Maki spar, sitting down on the stairs.

You held your container near you and looked around. You couldn't find Inumaki.

Sighing, you decided to organize your thoughts. The incidents that just happened flew over your head.

Wasn't Toudou Aoi the sorcerer who single-handedly exorcised all the cursed spirits in the Shinjuku to Kyoto Night Line of 100 Demons?

Suddenly, you felt a tap on your shoulder. You turned around, noticing Inumaki behind you.

"Ah, sorry," You stumbled over your words, moving over to give him some space.

"Remember the surprise?" You asked, cuddling your knees.

Inumaki glanced at you, nodding.

Opening the container, you were thankful you brought some wet tissue along from the clinic.

"Have some," You said, handing both tissue and container to him.

He sneaked a peek at Maki and Panda. They noticed and nodded their heads, Maki responding,

"Go ahead."

Behind Inumaki's smile, the glowing sun illuminated the bloody sky. With a flourish of youth, the sunset blossomed red and gold.

"Is it tasty?" You asked as you ate your onigiri.

"Salmon."

Before you knew it, your cheeks were the blush of a rose petal once you saw him warmly smile.