Damon was going to die...

And I knew that I wasn't going to let that happen.

"Oh my god Damon!" I leaned towards him, pulling him for a warm hug. He responded hugging me tightly back. By the time we pulled back I could tell that we were both close to tears. I loved Damon, seeing him hurt feels like a deep pit of sadness in my stomach, I want to help him so badly. "Stefan says that after he saved Elena, the witches told him that the original hybrid has the cure to the bite, he's going to see him right now at Alaric's apartment. I'm so sorry Amy.. but I think this is it." He finishes, knowing that his speech had reduced me to tears I was relieved about Elena, but Damon.. I knew that Damon didn't deserve this. I then clearly realized that he said Klaus had the cure, it angered me.. it didn't matter if Stefan was on his way, I would go too. I know that Klaus will listen to me. I guess it's worth a shot.. isn't it?

I stand up, wiping the warm tears away form my eyes and rubbing them on my jeans. "What are you doing?" Damon asks, slightly shocked by my sudden actions. I look at him, feeling so much pain; "I'm going to have a little chat with my beloved mate, you won't die Day, I know that if Stefan can't save you.. I sure as hell will." I say, triumph in my voice because I had managed not to cry. I watch as Damon quickly shakes his head; "No I won't let you give yourself back to him just for the sake of a new best friend." I quickly interrupt him, not wanting to here anymore. "No I won't let you die, I-" I shout, but being quickly cut off; "But-" I didn't want to hear what he was going to say, it would just pain me further, so I cut him off, again. "Day! I love you." I say, surprised to feel his lips crashing on mine. It was sweet and desperate like, almost as if it would be his last. It lasted a good ten seconds before I came to my senses, and we broke apart. "I will save you, you won't die Day.." I whisper as I run from the house, heading to Alaric's apartment with a vengeful look on my face.

The journey towards the apartment hadn't taken as long as I had expected it to be. I walked up the main stairs, knocking loudly and upbeat on the correct door. The door is answered by Katherine Pierce, she smirks and then manages to say something; "And what is it that you want.. Amelia I presume?" I just put all my strength in pushing past her, walking over the threshold and looking into my surroundings, my eyes landing on Stefan anxiously pacing around the room. He must've heard my footsteps, as his head flashed up to look at me as soon as I stepped in the room. "What are you doing here Amelia? You know you shouldn't be near Klaus." He says, his eyes boring into mine. "I heard about Damon and his bite, I won't just watch him die, when I know that I could do something about it." I conclude, staring at Stefan's face as confusion is clear on his face. "Then what? What do you think you can do to stop my brother from dying?" He says, firing question after question making me feel slightly uncomfortable. I look at him incredulously; "Klaus can't say no to me, I'm his mate even if it means sacrificing myself. I love Damon and I don't want to see him die." I watch as Stefan's face warms slightly.

The door opens again, but this time we all know who it is. Stefan steps forward shielding my body, it was almost as if he didn't want Klaus to know that I was here. I could almost feel the fear rolling off of him, as two heavy pairs of footsteps entered the apartment. I sucked in a deep breath as I heard his voice, "Stefan mate, what can I help you with?" I felt my heart beating quickly as I heard his voice.. no.. think about... Damon. It had taken everything in me to stop thinking about Klaus, I loved Damon now, it didn't matter what I had ever thought about Klaus, I don't care that he's my mate. "I'm here to make a deal with you, it's about my brother." I hear Klaus chuckle, phew, he still hasn't managed to notice me. I knew that I should stay unknown until I think it's right to step in, make sure that Stefan doesn't get himself into a dangerous ordeal. "Can't you see I am a tad busy with carrying out a deal with my brother?" He says, a tinge of hostility in his British accented voice.. hmm.. heavenly. No I refuse to think about him like that.. I NEED to remember Damon. No Klaus is your mate.. think about him. I kept on constantly arguing with myself, forgetting about the voices of others around me, causing myself to realize that 1) I was pacing around the room, 2) I was saying all of my inside argument out loud and 3) Everyone was giving me amused glances.. Well apart from Stefan of course, His face was covered in sheer confusion.