Chapter 17: Dinner of sorts

Authors note: Helloooo! In celebration of my 2k reads and 100th vote I've update with two chapters! Yay! *throws confetti* Who wants to join me in Thranduil's jacuzzi/ bathtub? Anyone? Anyways, here's to thank you my lovely readers and followers! Feel free to comment, ask questions or even just give me your ideas if you have them. I am open to suggestions, critics and just fangirling. (I'll even join you on that one.) Hope this reaches your expectations (if you have one) and hope it's good.

Again, thank you. Without further ado, here's chapter 17!

*******

THRANDUIL

I was surprised to hear of Elrond's sudden arrival; with him, he had brought an elleth by the name of Turwaithiel. I grab my robe, making small hurried steps to the dining hall where I have prepared a feast for the guests. Legolas would be joining us and even that stubborn elleth. I could not help but smile at myself for the dress I had made for her. Just by mere observance, I knew she did not like dresses and how fun would it be to watch as she controls her temper for Lord Elrond would be present.

I enter the Dining hall to be greeted by Lord Elrond, alone and watching the scene before him in the balcony. I walk over to him as I put my robe around me and position myself to stand beside him, admiring the view of the lonely mountain from the balcony.

"Where is your companion? The elleth." I inquire noticing how she was not here with him.

"Your son had offered her a tour of the palace. It had always been her dream to see this place, seeing as her father was born here." He answers giving me a sly look from the corner of his eyes. I nod in understanding as silence descends upon us again.

"I hope Mantheniel is not causing much problems." He says after a while, I let out a scowl at the mention of her name. Which made Elrond look at me questioningly.

"Nothing that I cannot handle." I assure him, averting his gaze. He would know of my attraction to her, an attraction I myself could not understand.

"Hm." He replies almost sounding like he was suspicious of something, I quickly ignored it not wanting to dwell on it further when the doors open welcoming the elleth Lord Elrond had come with and my son, Legolas. They appear to be close as they talk animatedly of something, I watch as my son had his hands clasped behind his back looking like a proper elf that he was, as he remained looking at the elleth with such interest. The way she had looked at me a while ago at their first encounter told me she was not very different from Mantheniel, but probably more civilized as she bows to me and Lord Elrond in acknowledgement.

I gesture for them to sit as I take my place in the middle of the long table trying to hide the irritation that was growing inside me as I waited impatiently for someone to join us. The elleth, known as Turwaithiel, had started talking about my palace and everything she had learned today. I watch her amusement grow as she talked about my gardens and the water that ran inside the palace from outside, making tiny waterfalls run in different parts of the kingdom. I take my goblet, filling it with wine, as I take a sip the doors burst open as the guard announces the arrival of the one that would make this night quite amusing.

She steps in, her hair, surprisingly, in intricate braids. With a face that of a scorned wife, ready to kill her husband. I chuckle lightly at the sight as her blazing eyes find their way to mine. Her chest breathes out heavily watching me take another sip of my wine. I raise my glass at her, welcoming her to the dinner. She now looked as if everything about her was on fire, ready to burn anything in her path. She looked rather alluring in the blood red dress she had on. No Thranduil, I scold myself. Hating the fact, I had thought of her beautiful again. From the corner of my eyes, I see Elrond watching me carefully, his lips a thin line on his face. I force my eyes away from Mantheniel, not wanting to be questioned and pour myself another goblet full of wine.