Chapter 10- I Am Enough

Start from the beginning

My permanent smirk was on my face, and I walked into the cafeteria, people moving so that I could grab breakfast.

I grabbed a couple of apples, keeping one to eat but putting the other couple in my bag for later.

"Jane can you not stand so close to me? You're weird is going to rub off on me," Audrey snapped at her, and she lowered her head, quickly walking outside.

I followed her as she went outside to the gardens, sitting down behind a tree.

She was crying, but quickly wiped her tears when she saw me, standing up.

"Oh, uh," she muttered trying to leave.

"Jane, does she bother you often?" I asked, and she shrugged.

"I guess. It's like I'm a princess, but not quite good enough to be one. I don't know," she said softly, her head facing the ground.

"You have to prove to yourself that you don't need their approval. Because if you can love who you are, no one else's opinion will matter," I replied, tilting her chin up.

"You have probably never gone through this, with you being so pretty and all."

"I have gone through it more than you might think."

🎵Every day is so wonderful
Then suddenly it's hard to breathe🎵

I started to sing to her softly, and she looked up in surprise. 

🎵 and then I get insecure
From all the pain
I'm so ashamed🎵

"What, you?" She asked, and we started to go further into the forest.

I nodded, stalking along with a confident walk as I sung.

🎵 I am beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring me down 🎵

I grabbed Janes hand, twirling her in the beautiful forest.

🎵 I am beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring me down, oh no
So don't you bring me down today🎵

She started to dance along with me, and I sent some snowflakes spiralling around us, sparkling in the sun.

🎵To all your friends you're delirious
So consumed in all your doom
Trying hard to fill the emptiness 
The pieces gone, left the puzzle undone 🎵

We came up to a lake, and I grinned, grabbing her hand and twirling her again before pulling us down there.

🎵Is that the way it is?
You are beautiful no matter what they say 🎵

I didn't pause as our feet met the water, instead walking out as ice formed on it.

Jane grinned at the spiralling designs, and I started to lightly spin her on the slightly slippery footing.

🎵Words can't bring you down, oh no
You are beautiful in every single way 🎵

She got used to the footing, smiling and doing some steps with me that she learned in cheer.

🎵 Yes, words can't bring you down, oh no
So don't you bring me down today🎵

I beckoned for her to join me, and she started to do the confident walk with me, singing along.

🎵No matter what we do
(No matter what we do)
No matter what we say
(No matter what we say)🎵

I started to get more snowflakes falling around us, the sparkling making her look beautiful as she sang with me.