Chapter 02

" What the he- ", I yelled in shock as I saw that I was logged back in as my old account. That too as a player. I tried to log out, thinking that it's a mistake but the app kept saying that the task failed.

I looked up in distress when I saw a black van parked in front of me. The glasses weren't see through but I could sense that someone was watching me from the other side.

I stood up to check when the car started moving, further proving my point that someone was watching me.

" The fuck is happening? ", I muttered as I scratched the back of my head. Another notification popped up from the app and I quickly checked.

It was the same notification I got last year.

I tapped on it and was lead to the leaderboard screen. The top four were already there and I skipped a beat to see my name there. My username was exactly where it was last year. 3rd.

Tapping on the back button, I reached the home screen when a congratulations panel opened.

Hello Player!

You have been selected as one of the four finalists.

Rules

-game starts at 6pm, ends at 4am
-finale will start from 2am
-6pm to 1:30am will be your chance to bond with your partner

BEST OF LUCK!

" This has to be a bloody joke because there's no way I'm doing this shit again. ", Saying so, I turned my device off and shoved it into my pocket. My chest was still vibrating from all the tension that I have just come face to face with.

I check my watch to check the time when I discovered that it's two minutes till 6pm. Looking around, I saw that the bus stop was right there so I decided to get back home as soon as possible. If I'm in my house, there's no way I have to come in contact with this damned game.

Atleast till it's 4am.

I quickly walked towards the bus stop to see that it was relatively empty. Checking the route map on the side wall, I memorised the bus I have to take when the same black car I saw a minute ago stopped in front of me.

I felt uneasy.

Silently I moved away from the car but it moved along with me as well.
Realising that this is potential danger, I was about to run when I felt two hands tightly grab me down and shove me into the car. I tried to scream but soon enough a scented cloth was pressed against my nose. I knew it was anesthesia so I did not breath in as long as I could but I gave up last minute and my eyes started to shut down.

The person around me was masked so I didn't get to see him but before I lost my conscious, I heard a voice.

" First step of our plan is completed. I have to move to the second step now. ", were the words I heard last before I fell into deep slumber.

--

An intense throbbing sensation woke me up and I sat up. I wasn't somewhere cosy as I felt hard cold metal behind me. I quickly stood up to see that I was in a large enclosed area with a single source of light illuminating the area. It was bright enough for me to see every corner of this room with no exits.

More than a room, it felt like a huge shipping container. I started walking around, banging on the metal walls and asking for help but no sound came from outside.

I quickly looked for my phone and it was right there. I pulled it out when a piece of paper fell along with it. I picked it up and turned on the device but unfortunately it had no signal. Hopeless, I sat down on one corner and unfolded the paper to see some handwritten words.

End What You Started

I cringed reading them.

What did I start and what am I supposed to end?

Throwing the paper aside, I placed my head against the metal walls. It was 6:30 pm currently so I hoped that I'll just stay locked in here till it's 4am so that I don't have to be a part of whatever this anonymous person is scheming for me.

Obviously that didn't happen.

I heard a rusty metal clashing with another. I followed the sound and reached at one end of the container when I realised that it's an exit way and someone was unlocking it.
As much as I should have been happy about my escape, I knew better that this night won't end at this.

The door creaked open and I saw a boy with white dyed hair and his face covered, standing with a bunch of keys on one hand and his phone camera pointing at me on the other.

" Dare completed guys! ", he exclaimed and his phone pinged with an approval beep. Turning the camera off, he pulled off his mask and looked at me.
" You okay? "

" Saving me... was a dare? ", I asked and he nodded innocently.

" Yeah, I got a dare saying I have to sneak into this shipping area and unlock this container. They did tell me that someone was waiting here for me, so that must be you? ", He asked with a smile like he has no idea what he had just done.

" I... I was kidnapped and drugged. Then I woke up locked in this container. Unlike you, I wasn't informed that I was a part of your dare. Congratulations on completing it though. ", I said rather rudely and walked past him. I'm usually not this ruthless with anyone but my mind wasn't running straight anymore.

" Wh-What!? ", he exclaimed in shock.

" Anyway, I'll take my leave. ", I said.
I was confused and angry.

Moreover, I was tired.

" Are you kor02? ", He suddenly called out my username and I stopped.

" How do you know...? "

" After I got selected for the finale, they set an instruction set to meet with my partner between 6 to 2. They even sent me a message saying username kor02 is my partner and I'll meet her after completing some dare. So it's you right? ", He said and I nodded. I quickly checked the app to see that I was sent a similar message with my partner username being iamericc.

A laugh escaped my mouth.

" Don't we create usernames to hide our identity? You straight-up gave your name in here. ", I said and he chuckled as well.

" Why would I do that? I'd like people to know about what I do and who I am. It will be a shame to not show off my achievements right, kor02? ", Eric showed me a thumbs up.

" I'm Cora. ", I introduced myself as I was getting a bit annoyed by my username and extended a hand towards him. He quickly grabbed it.

" I'm Eric. Nice to meet you. "

---