Mia

Xela

I set up my normal bed on the floor, wishing I had Mr. bear with me. It's okay though because I will get him tomorrow.

It's pathetic that I prefer sleeping on the floor over a bed, but I can't help it. I just feel comfortable and like I'm home with Aliza under the stars.

Falling asleep was easy wrapped in all these soft covers, especially with the feeling of safety that comes with not being in my house. The threat of being attacked in the night is gone, making it effortless to drift into sleep.

"Xela we are going to be late" a voice snaps me awake. Before I can sit up the bedroom door swings open revealing a panicked Ryder with clothes folded in his hands. "Why are you on the floor?" He asks, giving me a funny look. I ignore his question and get up to look at the alarm clock on the nightstand.

7:52 AM. Shit.

"We will talk about that later, change. Fast." He hands me the clothes in his hands. I nod him a thank you and wait until he leaves to start changing. The second I'm done, I realize there is no way I can wear this. I don't know where Ryder got this outfit, it is a low cut cropped shirt and the tiniest Jean shorts I've ever laid my eyes on.

Ignoring that, I quickly got dressed and ran downstairs where I saw Denny, Blake, and Ryder all eating. Their eyes widen when they see me, more specifically my outfit. I'm not going to complain since I've been given a place to sleep, but if I were to complain I would argue at how I look like a stripper.

I haven't been given any makeup, so the bruise on my face is clear as day.

"You aren't wearing that" Ryder says, standing up. I cross my arms, "The outfit you gave me?"

He grabs my arm and tugs me back up the stairs. I make a face to Blake and Denny who just laugh. I'm now in Ryder's bedroom which is surprisingly really clean and nice. Everything is black.

He tosses me a black t shirt that I toss over my head and do a little trick with it to get the small shirt under and off through my sleeve. He looks at me, confused, then decides to just ignore it. I thought everyone knew how to do that?

"The shorts will have to do since I have nothing that would fit you." He says, walking out of his closet. I give him a sheepish smile when he just stands there and looks at me.

Without talking he leaves and I follow him downstairs and back into the kitchen. Denny and Blake are mid conversation but stop when they see us. Ryder is silent as he goes into the fridge and looks for something while I sit next to Blake. "Did you sleep well?" Blake asks, making conversation. "Yeah, thanks for letting me stay here."

"I hope you like yogurt." Ryder says, setting down vanilla yogurt and a banana in front of me. "Thanks." I say, quickly eating it. Ryder eats a yogurt as well. Soon we are on the road to school, which is fairly far because of where they live.

We end up arriving at school ten minutes after first period started. I run to my first class, which is with Annie.

"Girl where were you?!" She whispers to me once I sit down. "I was just running late" I whisper back to her. Technically it wasn't a lie.

"What happened to your face?!" She says, concern all over her face. "I completely ran into a door last night" I laugh, trying my best to sound casual. She laughs back, "You are so clumsy."