Date night / Guilty conscience

Zacznij od początku

"Anything for you baby. I know you've been so stressed and tense- I should've done this sooner and not involved you in any Mafia business."

My lip twitched slightly and I looked at him. "Jason, I'm fine. What happened at the club, I'm over it. She told us nothings going on. We're over all that. Can we just focus on now please? Cause Jay, this city...wow!" I wrapped my arms around his neck, smiling widely and laughing softly.

He chuckled, nodding at me. "Of course baby. Focusing on the now. You, me and this city." He placed a hand on my cheek, gingerly thumbing at my skin. I hummed out contently as I leaned into his touch, letting it warm my cold skin.

He always got me with this. Just that simple action had me weak in the knees, causing me to hold onto him for support. "Dammit Jason, kiss me." My voice was soft, breathy and easy, yet demanding and needy.

Jason was more happy to oblige.

He leaned down, moving his hand to the back of my neck, tangling his fingers in my hair. His lips pressed into mine. Gentle and warm. Tasting slightly like the wine he had at the club. It was addicting.

At that moment, the whole world seemed to stop. Just waiting for the two of us to catch up, but giving us all the time we could ever want to do so. And that's just what we did.

We took our time. Slowly kissing and tasting each other. Taking in every inch of the other's mouth and savoring it. I could live off this. This was all I needed. Just Jason and his love.

I finally understood why my sisters loved romance movies so much. Because this, holy shit, this! It was my happily ever after.

When I pulled away, we both panted, just smiling like idiots. Jason brushed my hair away from my face, tucking it behind my ear. All the while holding my gaze with such a passionate expression. "I love you so much baby. Tanto. Potrei baciarti tutta la notte, proprio qui. E non fermarti mai."

My cheeks heated up as I ran over what he was saying in my head, grinning like a fool. "Mai? Tutta la notte?" He laughed and kissed my nose. "All night baby."

We stayed in each other's embrace a moment longer, then he turned to start walking again, keeping me close to him as he did. His arm protectively around me.

If date nights were like this, I wanted to go on one every night. My heart felt full and happier than it's been in so long. Everything felt perfect. Everything felt right.

Where we go doesn't matter to me. Just the fact that we were together was enough. In each other's arms, hand in hand, and so very much in love.

__________________________________

Roy's POV

When I got back to the estate, I immediately made my way to mine and Kori's room. Chances are she was asleep and I hoped that I wouldn't have to talk about anything that happened tonight.

Coming up with a lie about what the meeting was about, was not something I had in mind before going to sleep. My conscience was still heavy and guilty feeling from the first lie.

I hated this feeling.

My coat and Tie were already off when I walked into the room, taking the quiet and the dark as a good sign. She was sleeping. As quietly as I could, I changed and hung my suit up, now just wearing some sweatpants.

I was exhausted and honestly couldn't wait to get into bed and snuggle with her.

I turned the lamp on my side of the bed on, pulling back the covers just enough to slip under them.

Getting comfortable and falling asleep fast was always easy for me, but as I shifted and turned onto my side facing Kori, I took a deep breath, just watching her.

She looked beautiful. Peaceful. Her hair framed her face almost like it was done on purpose and she had one hand up on the pillow, beside her cheek. Her lips were parted just slightly and oh how I wanted to kiss them.

Moving a hand up, I stroked her cheek tenderly, stopping and smiling when her nose crinkled up slightly, reacting to my touch. Just for a moment, before she relaxed and sighed out in her sleep.

She was perfect. She was mine. The love of my life...that I lied to. A frown took the place of my smile and I sighed, pulling my hand away. My stomach churned making me grimice and bit my lip as I groaned soflty.

I had lied to her. To one of the most important people in my life. One of very few people who's never lied or betrayed me. She trusted me without hesitation and I abused that.

Guilt started to sink in deeper and I turned, looking away from her. I had to tell her. I had to come clean. My conscience wouldn't forget this. I knew that for certain.

Sighing out again, I rubbed my face, deciding then that I'd tell her tomorrow. I had a few things to take care of for Jason in the morning, but I was gonna talk to her. I had to. She was too important to me.

With my decision made, I finally looked back at her, taking her in for one more minute before turning my lamp off and settling down.

My gut still churned with guilt, but I wasn't gonna back down. I wasn't gonna let this fester and grow into something worse. She deserved more than that. More than what I could give her and I was damn lucky to have her.

She moved in her sleep, placing her arm across my chest and snuggling into my side. My lip twitched up just slightly into a smile as I wrapped an arm around her, holding her close.

My tension slowly released and I relaxed, letting my exhaustion take over and ease my thoughts.

She'd still love me. And I'd always love her.

__________________________________

Tanto - So much.

Potrei baciarti tutta la notte, proprio qui. E non fermarti mai. - I could kiss you all night, right here. And never stop.

Mai? Tutta la notte? - Never? All night long?"