I hugged him in reply, pouring all words into it that I couldn't bring to pour out of my mouth. He returned it just as tightly, silently telling me that he understood everything I never said.

"Okay, time for our date! Let's go! I'll be waiting inside the elevator." I teased him, making him chuckle. He pressed on his intercom and started speaking something while I skipped out of his door.

I had just stepped inside the elevator when my hand was grabbed from behind and I was pushed against the wall.  A hand came behind my head cushioning it against the hard surface of the elevator which ignited a sense of deja vu. Oh, how far we'd come since then. I smiled as I saw Adrian's eyes light up in happiness, a warm feeling slowly spreading over my heart.

"Now, now. Don't go all Christian Grey on me, Stone." I smirked when I saw him put the elevator on hold and give me one of his signature intense looks once again.

He scoffed in reply. "Don't be ridiculous, Eve. I don't go Christian Grey. It's him who can learn a thing or two from me."

"Oh?" I exclaimed dramatically with wide eyes. "And pray tell, Mr. Stone, what are those things you could teach him?"

The devil smiled mischievously as if he was waiting for me to ask the very same question. "How about," he started and leaned in close, so close that there was hardly a breath of space between us and whispered in my ear, "I show you instead?"

Then he kissed me. Again. 

Okay, I walked right into this one. But I couldn't begin to care as I slid my hands to his neck and buried my fingers deep into his soft strands. I couldn't even think about his damned hair product this time. Goodbye, Christian Grey. My days of worshipping you are over. I  just found a much better version of you.

"Thank heavens I've got a smudge-proof lipstick," was the first thing I spoke as I eyed his lips void of any traces of lipstick in relief. His lips did look a little red and swollen but at least my lipstick didn't have to sacrifice itself for my newfound hobby. 

"You know, most women would die to experience what you did just now and you're worried about a lipstick?" He exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air and grumpily pressing the move button of the elevator. 

"Oh, come on. This was sent by a client from France. The only piece made especially for me, and with my name on it. He had assured me multiple times that this lipstick wouldn't get me a single smudge no matter how many lips I kissed. Too bad I couldn't test the accuracy of his words before today."

He made a face at that. "What kind of client would send you a lipstick?"  He asked in exasperation, raising incredulous eyebrows.

"The kind who wanted to test the quality of his product with me, but never got the chance." I answered with a shrug as I faintly remembered the brown haired Gabriel Clement who had sung me every poetry from his book. I shuddered involuntarily when I thought of how awful they had been.

Adrian's expression clearly showed his displeasure but I shrugged it off. It wasn't like Clement was successful in his attempts. And even if he had been- which really he wouldn't have- Adrian had no business being mad over something that happened long before we even met. Again.

The elevator opened to the basement and we walked together towards his favorite grey car that he liked to flaunt and I liked to swoon over. I pouted a little when he opened the passenger door for me before settling himself on the driver's seat.

"Can I drive this once, Addie? Please?" I gave him one more adorable pleading look that got me the same reaction as I had earlier. A mind-reeling and toes-curling kiss. But that was all the reaction I got. "Uh.. maybe next time?" He gave me the best smile he could muster- the kind that said I like you but not more than my car.