Karl- heartbreaking confessions

It's time for some angst~

(Aka my favourite thing to write apart from gore)

Requesting: yes 🙌

(Also shout out to the amazing person who commented a ton of request ideas and gave me completely free will to do whatever I wanted with the story ideas it made me so happy)

She/they pronouns

Possible warnings/ maybe swearing?

•••

Y/n POV

"Alright y/n you got this, just get to the point, don't come off to weird, and try not to stutter or get nervous"

I shook out my limbs to hopefully get rid of some of the nagging fear creeping up inside of me.

I have been waiting for the right time and today was the day, I just hope it won't ruin what we already have....

I checked myself out one last time in the mirror, brushing a few fly away hairs behind my ears and beating out the top, I didn't wear to much make up today so I only applied some chapstick and brushed out my eyebrows quickly.

When I was somewhat happy with how my face looked I checked over my outfit, a simple black shirt and some loose baggy light grey sweatpants.

"You got this"

I left the bathroom making my way back downstairs to where Karl was currently sitting on the living room sofa, I felt my cheeks growing red the closer I got to the couch.

I was never good with this sort of thing but I've never liked someone this much.

I tried denying my feelings when Alex first introduced us to each other, yeah he was cute and all but as time went on we became close, very close.

Joining karl on the couch I moved close enough so I was sitting next to him, but left a decent gap between us to give him some space.

"Hey y/n, I just saw this clip online from a new video game I think we should try"

He went to turn his phone towards me but I knew this would lead to a conversation, and I needed to tell him now before I could chicken out.

"Karl I was actually hoping to talk to you, about something, if that's ok with you?"

His face grew with confusion, but regardless he sat up and put his phone down next to him.

"Karl, ever since we first met I- well at first I thought of you as someone I might be willing to get to know.... And I know we've been friends for a while now and I would hate to ruin what we have but...... Karl I like you. I really, really like you, I mean your sweet, funny, your laugh is adorable, and I wasn't sure how you felt about me bu-"

"Y/n stop"

I stopped my rambling looking up from my fidgety hands, he looked.... Upset?

"Listen your great and all but I don't think I could ever feel that way about you, sorry."

I could feel a choked sob close up my throat, was I hearing this correctly?

My friend told me the worst thing he could say is no, but I never expected such a small two lettered word to hurt this much.

My heart began to ache suddenly feeling a sense of discomfort wash over me, my eyes threatened to cry but only small tears were able to form in the corner of my eyes, my lashes blinking away the remains of water.

My mouth parted, looking for something to say, a way I could turn back time and forget this never happened.

My eyes became glossy, Karl quickly getting up from the couch and began grabbing his jacket and bag.

"I'm sorry y/n but I don't think this is gonna work out if you like me in that way"

In hopes to push myself up from the couch, tell him it was a joke or come up with some sad excuse of a lie to fix what just happened, but I was frozen in place.

I watched in horror as one of my once closest friend, crush, walked out without another word.

That night I stared at the front door, falling asleep on the living room couch with dried up tears marking my cheeks.

....

Karl POV (3 years later)

"Alright Alex imma turn in for the night, say goodbye to chat for me"

I took a small sip of my water, shutting down my pc soon after.

I wasn't actually tired enough to fall asleep but I was definitely feeling exhaustion telling me to at least lay down.

Because I was still somewhat awake I decided to pull out my phone and check Twitter.

#6 on trending: #y/nfanart
(Go with it it's book logic)

I hesitated before clicking on the hashtag.

A bunch of adorable da art came up, some showing drawing of y/n's mc skin, others doing irl drawings based on clips from her streams.

I must of stayed there, scrolling through her tweets and replies for at least half an hour before realizing what I was doing.

I looked back on that day, the day I still punch myself for the way I reacted.

It took me almost a month to realize what kind of mistake I made by walking away like that, and ever since then I've given myself time to look back on it, what would've happened if I simply said yes.

My brain wasn't 100% caught up with my actions, my fingers swiping over to y/n's instagram.

Incase she got a new number compared to the one I still had on my phone I figured I should reach out and send a quick message through insta.

Before I could click on the dm option a recent post caught my eye.

My finger hovering over the message option as I exigences the photo.

When I fully clicked on the post my body froze.

I front of my strained eyes was a picture of y/n.

They were wearing a beautiful summer outfit holding a big stick of Cotten candy proudly, standing next to her was a tall boy, he had messy brown hair, a pair of dark blue sunglasses, and a casual outfit with similar colours matching y/n's outfit.

I noticed the his hand wrapped around y/n's waist, when I clicked his tag I could see tons of pictures with them together, some of them showed the two kissing behind a menu like in the movies, others with y/n smiling while he carried her on his back.

A couple minutes passed before I finally stopped, what hurt the most was the fact that she looked truly happy.

"Maybe it was for the best"

•••

I love angst so much so I hope it was the right amount

Also I'm currently in a power outage Rn and I have a work related training thingy tmr for almost the entire day so I won't be active until Thursday 😅

Have an amazing day! Night! Morning! Whatever it is for you!