One|dreamwastaken

Start from the beginning

"Hi, George!" The first one, nicknamed Bad, had said. It seemed like everyone at this school went by a nickname, though George couldn't find one for himself that properly fit. Bad pushed his glasses up his nose before glancing at the second boy.

The second boy's hair fluffed up as he ran a hand through it. "Hey, George."

"Skeppy, today's a special day. It's George Day."

"Why today?"

Bad nudged him, and Skeppy sat up. "Ohhh. Today's his birthday, isn't it?"

Bad nodded.

"Happy birthday, George," Skeppy said, and it sounded so scripted that George glanced into the book they were reading to make sure he wasn't reading off a literal script. They had been reading about Greek Mythology.

"Happy birthday, George!" Bad said with far more enthusiasm. "How old are you turning?"

"Eighteen," George mumbled.

"Oooh! Very exciting. You can legally drink in your country now."

"Yeah, just unfortunate I'm not there to drink the school day away." He plopped into the uncomfortable wooden chair. "Why'd you tell me to meet you guys here?"

"Because I thought a good birthday present would be for you to meet some of my other friends," Bad replied. "You know, once you meet them, we can start hanging out altogether as a group."

"Ah, yeah." George dropped his gaze to the book.

"Do you not want to meet them?"

"No, it's not that." George tapped on the desk. He knew who Bad's friends were. He had overheard Clay telling his host mom how Bad would befriend anyone, even George. And, in a desperate attempt to not be a lonely Brit stranded in the midst of America, he took his chances and approached him the next day. His host brother probably wasn't expecting George to actually find him, and he wouldn't have had he not broken their rule one time to follow him around until he found them.

"What is it then?"

"You really think Bitch Boy's going to fit in with the rest of the group?" George groaned as he glimpsed at the door and watched Clay with his posse walk in. He was the tallest member of said group, though the second tallest was only off by a few inches. Clay's soulmate clung to him and stuck his tongue out at George.

"Both of you, stop it!" Bad exclaimed.

"No, he's right, Bad. I don't think I'd fit in with a group of underaged assholes," George snapped back.

"They happen to be my best friends, George."

"What about me?" Asked Skeppy, and Bad appeared unimpressed by his needy question.

"We're soulmates, Skeppy, did you really just ask that?"

"Hey, just making sure."

"We're literally bound together. I couldn't get rid of you if I really wanted to."

"Wait, so you're saying you would if you could?"

The couple began to bicker, and that gave George's host brother the perfect opportunity for him and his friends to strike. George rose from his seat and grabbed his belongings to leave.

"There are a thousand students in this school, George. A thousand! And you chose one of my friends?" He said.

"Sorry. I didn't know Americans gatekept their friends." George faced the gang in front of him. Clay's soulmate had a permanent cheeky grin as if he had some plan that George should be worried about. He had a bandana wrapped around his head and his black sweater had a fire symbol on it. When he noticed George staring, he grabbed Clay's hand and gave it a kiss, and George caught a glimpse of the flaming symbol imprinted onto his wrist. Behind the two were two more people. One had fluffy brunet hair that covered his eyes, and he wore a button-up shirt and straight jeans. He smiled and waved. The last of the group had a beanie over his hair and a light jacket zipped all the way up. He avoided George's eyes entirely.