Chapter One

"Carmella!" I hear my uncle yell through the airport. "Papa George!" I yell back. I can see him smiling. He already has my bags from the plane with him. "Carmella, It's so great to see you, you've gotten big." I smile. "Almost fifteen," I tell him. "Almost". He smiles back. "We can get you into that private school I talked about, or we can enroll you in my school. Only the best classes." I nod. "Id like to try your school for a bit." He agrees and we keep walking. "I have a guest room set up for you." He says as he holds open the door for me to jump in his low to the ground car. 
"You'll love the town, Cute parks, movie theaters, a large library..." He says the last part in the hopes of peeking my interests. "Your town sounds wonderful." I can tell he's beaming with pride. 
The drive isn't long. Maybe ten minutes and we are at his house. He tells me that he uses the side door of his house to enter, something about it being closer to the shoe rack. I nod and follow him past his garden and into the house. 
"Thunk" I hear hit the house. "That's probably the Mathews boy, Cory." He explains. "His ball must have hit my shutters again. I nod as I watch him get up. "He's around your age, Nice boy. Why don't you go say hello and return his ball?

I walk to the side door of the house and knock. "oh, Hi dear. Are you here for cory?" A woman asks. "Actually I'm living with my Uncle George and your son's ball fell into his garden," I tell her. "Oh, please come in Ms.?"
"Carmella Feeny," I reply. "Well Carmella, please come in." I look back to see Papa George waving me into the Mathews house. 
"Cory, Shawn!" The woman yells. "Your ball went into Feenys again." I hear steps coming down the stairs. "Shawn wanted to land it on the roof!" I hear someone yell. I laugh a bit. "Did not, I wanted to land it on the next house over from Feeny's roof." Another voice yells. 
When the voices come down the stairs I'm met with two boys my age. One who looks like he could be a librarian. Clearly Mrs. Mathews's child. and the other, he looks like he could be living in the streets or in a punk boyband. "This is Carmella, She's living at her uncle's and you hit his house with the ball." She explains to the boys. "George Feeny is your uncle!" The black-haired boy says in amazement. I smile at him. "He's not so strict when you get to know him."
"Cory Matthews." The other boy says stepping forward and shaking my hand. "Shawn Hunter." The rough-looking, boy band wanna be says. "Nice to meet you two, But I should be on my way."
"nonsense." I hear a man call. "Allen Matthews," he says shaking my hand. "We are preparing dinner, would you like to stay?"
"Oh, I couldn't intrude a family dinner," I tell him. "Tell that to Shawn, Boy lives here practically." He tells me, glancing over at Shawn, who has his hands up in defense. "I'll tell Papa George."