Chapter Thirty Eight

Start from the beginning

"I'm sure he's fine Ellie," Queenie said while hanging her clothes up. Suddenly, the door opened up to reveal a man she had never seen before followed by Newt and then an all grown up Tina. Newt's eyes fell upon Eleanor immediately and he ran up to give her a huge hug. 

"There you are love, I've been worried sick about you." Eleanor admitted. "Tina, it's so lovely to see you. You look stunning."

Tina only glared at her, she didn't even say hi or anything. 

"Teenie? Who's this?" Queenie motioned to the other man who had blood on his neck. No wait, it was a bite mark... from a murtlap?

"Newt? Did the murtlap bite him?" Eleanor exclaimed looking at him disapprovingly. 

"I uh... perhaps. I have a lot to tell you." Newt said. 

"Gentlemen, this is my sister," Tina said. "Wanna put something on, Queenie?"

Queenie used her wand to dress herself up and Eleanor couldn't help but giggle at the man gawking at her. 

"So?" Queenie questioned her sister. 

"Queenie, this is Newt. My fiance." Eleanor said. 

"He's also committed a serious infraction of the Nation Statue of Secrecy." Tina glared at Eleanor and back to her sister. 

"Newt? What the hell?" She slapped him on the chest. "What have you been up to?"

"A criminal, huh Ellie?" Queenie giggled. 

"And that's Mr. Kowalski, he's a no-maj." Tina stated while taking off her shoes. 

"A no-maj?" Queenie asked and Eleanor looked at Newt again while giving him a "WTF" face. "Teen, what are you up to?"

"He's sick. It's a long story. Mr. Scamander has lost something I'm going to help him find." Tina said and they directed their eyes to Jacob who was wobbling and eventually crashed onto their couch. 

"Oh, you need to sit down honey. He hasn't eaten anything all day. And... oh, that's rough. He didn't get the money he wanted for his bakery. You bake honey?" Queenie rambled and Mr. Kowalski only nodded and grunted. "I love to cook!"

"You're a legilimens?" Newt asked her. 

"Mmm yeah. But I always have trouble with your kind. Brits. It's the accent." Queenie said. 

"You have no trouble reading mine, Q." Eleanor said while using her old nickname for Queenie which made her laugh. 

"You know how to read minds?" Mr. Kowalski asked nervously. 

"Oh, don't worry honey. Most guys think what you was thinking first time they see me. Now! You need food!" She squeaked and walked off into the kitchen to prepare dinner. Tina followed her and left the three of them in the living room. She could hear Tina whisper yelling at her sister from in there about how stupid it was for her to invite Eleanor to their apartment to stay. So much for starting on fresh terms, she thought to herself. Newt was looking out the window and Eleanor came up behind him to see what he was staring at. 

"Newton! What happened? Why is there a billywig outside?" Now she was the one whisper yelling. Newt pulled her aside and she led him to the guest room so they could talk in private and so that Eleanor didn't have to hear Tina bad-mouthing her. They sat on a couch on one side of the room and Newt dove right into detail. The second he had gotten off the boat, he tried looking for her, but couldn't find Eleanor. He walked to where there was a crowd of people and listened to some dunderhead spew hatred towards wizards before losing his niffler in a bank. 

"You lost the Niffler in a bank? Newt what on earth?! That is the last place you ever want to lose a niffler!" Eleanor ridiculed him again, but he continued on about meeting Mr. Kowalski and having to apparate with him because an occamy egg was hatching in the mans hand. 

"How did a muggle get an occamy egg?" Eleanor questioned but he shushed her and continued on about how he had gotten whacked over the head with his own suitcase. His got switched around with the bakers and then he got taken into MACUSA, but lucky for him Tina isn't an auror anymore so they didn't throw him into jail. Then that's when he realized his case wasn't actually his case and that the no-maj had it. They found him in an apartment with the case wide open and now he's definitely missing some his creatures. 

"I am going to kill you Newton! How could you have been so irresponsible? And now the no-maj is here because he got bit by one of OUR creatures and could possibly shoot flames out of his anus!" Eleanor exclaimed. 

"It's fine El, we'll go out tonight and find the creatures and it will be fine." Newt assured her. 

"You better hope so," She said back and that's when she heard Queenie call for dinner. She went to turn towards the door, but Newt grabbed her wrist and spun her around to face him while immediately trapping her with his lips on hers. Even though she was furious at how reckless he could be, she melted into his arms and kissed him back. 

"By the way, it's nice to see you." He murmured into her lips while pecking them one last time before letting her go. She flashed one of her dazzling smiles at him and they made their way into the dining room. 

"Pie or strudel?" Queenie directed the question to Newt. 

"I really don't have a preference." He answered and she turned her attention to Mr. Kowalski. 

"You prefer strudel huh, honey?" She asked and the man nodded vigorously. "Strudel it is."

She used her wand to set the table and make their meal in the air like Eleanor usually does at home. It's just so much easier that way. The lights dimmed and the candles on the table were lit up. Eleanor and Newt took a seat across from each other and dug into the amazing looking meal. 

"This is delicious Queenie, I can't wait to try and copy it at home when we get back." Eleanor exclaimed. 

"And when will that be?" Tina questioned and Eleanor could hear the annoyance in her voice, but paid no mind to it. 

"When we get all of my creatures back, we'll be out your hair." Newt chimed in, also taking note to ask Eleanor what Tina's problem with her was. Queenie gave Eleanor a look. She knew they wouldn't be leaving so soon and that they'd be here for a while figuring out this whole obscurus thing, but she was getting frustrated with Tina and her constant hate towards Eleanor. 

"You can stay as long as you like, we really don't mind the company. It's nice to have visitors." Queenie stated while shooting a look at her sister. She then struck up a conversation with Mr. Kowalski and everyone else stayed silent. 

"I am not flirting." Queenie stated while placing her napkin on the table. 

"All I'm saying is don't go getting attached. He'll have to be obliviated once he's feeling better." Tina said and Mr. Kowalski went pale. "It's nothing personal."

"Oh hey, you okay honey?" Queenie asked Mr. Kowalski. 

"Ms. Goldstein, I think Mr. Kowalski could do with an early night." Newt said while standing up and pushing his chair back in. "Besides, you and I will have to be up early tomorrow morning to find my niffler so..." 

He directed this statement to Tina and Eleanor wondered why he would want her to help him find the niffler when it clearly had attachment issues with Eleanor. 

"What's a niffler?" Queenie asked while scrunching her nose. 

"I'll explain later." Eleanor stated.