"Where have you been? We've been worried sick!" She exclaimed, stepping back from you. You saw over her shoulder that Selena was standing not far off, staring behind you with her jaw slightly open.

"Um... who's that?" Selena asked, pointing. Katie glanced up and she gasped, her face flushing. She stepped back, allowing you to enter the apartment, her eyes fixed behind you.

"H-hello?" Katie whispered, her previous bravado gone. You turned to see Taehyung leaning in the doorway, smirking at your two friends. You gritted your teeth, watching as he gave each of them a low, intense stare.

You would have to be blind if you hadn't noticed how good looking Taehyung was. Unfortunately, you'd also seen him with red eyes and fangs, which was even more terrifying in the face of someone that attractive.

"Hello, ladies. I'm Taehyung." He bowed, politely, looking each of them up and down seductively. You stiffened, feeling indignation and a bit of fear creep up in your stomach.

"He's nobody. Ignore him." You said quickly. Taehyung cast you a warning look and you shot one right back. "He's just helping me pack. Treat him like a pack mule." You continued, ignoring his scowl.

"Pack? Pack for what?" Katie's question drew your attention back to her and your face fell. You swallowed, looking between your two friends solemnly.

"I'm moving out, guys..." You said softly, bracing yourself. Selena and Katie were silent for a few moments, looking at each other and then back at you.

"What? Why? Where are you going?" Katie demanded. You sucked in a sharp breath and swallowed, trying to straighten out the lie that you'd rehearsed in the car.

"I-uh... I recently found out that I have family in the area." You said, being both as vague and close to the actual truth as possible. It wasn't technically a lie. You had found out about family that lived in the area, they just weren't alive anymore. Selena tilted her head in confusion.

"Family? I thought... I thought your parents..." She trailed off and you gritted your teeth, looking away for a second. You collected yourself, swallowing the lump in your throat, before looking back at the two of them.

"Apparently, I have some long distance relatives that I never knew about." You explained solemnly. "They never knew about me either until recently. They're offering to let me live with them for free." You knew that the best lies were founded in the truth. If you could make the lie convincing enough and close enough to the actual truth, then it would be better for everyone. Selena and Katie both stared at you in utter shock and disbelief.

"So... you just decided to leave?" Katie whispered, clenching her fists at her sides. "What about us? You know that we're going to have to find a new roommate and figure out how to make up for your share of the rent." She said indignantly. You bowed your head feeling guilt and shame swell in your stomach. This was more than just leaving your friends, you were also screwing them over since they relied on your share of the rent to afford the place as well.

"I'll pay for the next two months' worth of rent, so you guys don't have to worry about it right away." You said quickly. You figured if you were about to get everything you needed paid for, the least you could do was help out your friends. "I know this is short notice, but I can't pass up this opportunity. I mean... it's my family." You pleaded, feeling sick to your stomach. It was such a manipulative tactic to go after their compassionate side like this, but what choice did you have? Selena and Katie were both quiet for a few minutes as they processed the information.

"So, does that mean... are you leaving school?" Selena asked finally, breaking the silence. You looked up at her and shook your head quickly.

"No, no, I'm staying in town. I'll still be in school. This just takes a lot of financial pressure off me." You reassured, taking a step forward with your hands outstretched. You had no intention of cutting them off completely. "I'm really sorry, you guys." You added, bowing your head again.