💙House of Angels Emergency (Hyunsung)

Start from the beginning

Hyunjin paused for a second, realizing that he was spiraling and needed to calm down. He hadn't realized, but by the end of the rant, his breathing was shallow and light, and he was dizzy. Jisung could hear Hyunjin's breathing and quickly grew concerned, knowing the older wasn't okay physically or mentally. As much as he wanted to console him, he knew that Hyunjin needed to lay down and rest first. He wasn't going to be able to dance, either.

"You need to rest. Go lay down. I'll tell Chan you can't go out, okay? Get some water," Jisung spoke quickly, lifting Hyunjin from his seat before grabbing a bottle of water from the mini-fridge in the corner of the room.

Just as Jisung was about to leave the room to get Chan to explain what was going on, he happened to burst in through the door.

"Hyunjin! You're on in two minutes!" He yelled out. He was about to shut the door and leave to go back to his office, but Jisung stopped him before he could.

"Sir, I don't think Hyunjin is going to make it tonight. He can't go out."

"What do you mean?"

"Just look at him! He can barely stand. I'll go out for him if I have to and do his routine for him, but I don't want him passing out on the stage out there in front of all those people. Something might happen to him!" Jisung pleaded, pointing his hand to the small sofa that was against the wall with Hyunjin laying on top of it.

Hyunjin was lying on the sofa hearing the conversation that was taking place, knowing that he wasn't going to be able to hide his secret forever any longer. He had been doing a pretty good job of it so far, it seemed, but now, it looked like it was finally catching up to him. Especially now, as he brought his arm up when he began to cough.

The secret that he had been hiding from his coworkers and boss was that he was ill. Not with just a cold or the flu. He didn't have an official diagnosis for it, but he knew that something was wrong when he would cough on his arm and see blood splattered on his skin. He promised himself that he would see a doctor about it, but something always came up when he was going to do it. He also wasn't sure that he would be able to afford the costs to get a diagnosis and treatment if he needed it. There were a million reasons why he couldn't go.

He was sure Jisung had seen the bloody tissues in the bin by his makeup table, but he never brought them up if he did. And, assuming from how Jisung was acting in that current moment, he had no idea what was going on.

"Sir, please, he can't go. He needs to see a doctor!"

Chan looked over to Hyunjin's limp body spread along the couch, now glistening in sweat. He looked over Hyunjin's body, taking in his figure, and noticed the small red dots that had stained his skin, despite Hyunjin's best efforts to wipe himself clean.

He didn't take his eyes off of Hyunjin, who looked like he was starting to fade in and out of consciousness. Whether he was sleeping or fainting, he wasn't sure, but either way, he knew it wasn't good. "Call an ambulance."

"What?" Jisung asked, confused about the man's strangely calm tone.

"I said, 'Call an ambulance!" He barked this time, knowing that Hyunjin probably wasn't going to last if they didn't get him the help he needed immediately.

"O-okay, okay!" Jisung mumbled, running over to his side of the room, grabbing his phone off of the table, and calling an ambulance. "Yes, hello. I need an ambulance... one of the workers here looks like he's going to pass out. He's sweating really bad, and he can't walk..."

Chan turned to Jisung to tell him about the blood he saw. "He's bleeding."

Jisung didn't think twice about what he said before repeating it to the responder. "He's also bleeding..." the operator asked where he was bleeding from, so Jisung pulled the phone away from his ear to address his boss. "Where's the bleeding from?"