Chapter 8 - Back to school Blues

Start from the beginning

"Ok, we don't want you to be late, ready?" Hailey asked and Gracie nodded.

"Ready." She said smiling trying her best not to worry Hailey and Jay by keeping herself as calm as she could. They had only just taken her in she didn't want to cause them any trouble.

"You got it. You're gonna be ok, we're only a few minutes away. If there is any problems we can come right over alright?" Jay responded encouragingly.

Gracie nodded again in agreement and opened the car door to get out. "See you later" she said as she got out of the car.

"Bye sweetie." Hailey said as Gracie got out.

"Knock em dead kid." Jay added.

"Did we do the right thing?" Hailey asked Jay as they watched Gracie walk into the school building.

"She's gotta go back Hailey, we can't let her fall too far behind." Jay answered pulling the car away and back onto the road as they talked.

"I know but she was just so nervous." Hailey said as they drove to the district.

"I know but she'll be alright, like you said we're just a phone call away if there are any problems." Jay repeated and his hand on hers comfortingly and she nodded and squeezed his hand in return.

————————————————————————

"Hey look who it is, it's Jenkins! Words gone round saying her daddy beat her up. Man Jenkins! Your Daddy hated you so much he put himself in jail to avoid keeping you huh?" Ross Milligan yelled as he saw Gracie at her locker.

"Hey keep your mouth shut Milligan before I shut it for you."  Gracie's friend, Raffy responded balling his fists. He had been calling and visiting Gracie as soon as he found out what had happened when he came back from vacation with his family.

"Raff just leave it alright, it's all good." Gracie said smiling at him reassuringly and completely ignoring Ross.

"Grace, this isn't fair we can't let this asshole talk about you like that." Raffy responded still looking angry his knuckles turning white.

"Raff look around, people are talking. No matter how much we don't like it word spreads like a wildfire in this school and there's nothing we can do to stop it, so let them talk. Please, I don't wanna fight anymore." Gracie whispered conscious that Ross wasn't too far away still.

Raff looked at Gracie seeing how much she wanted him to calm down, his expression softened and he nodded in agreement.

"Ok, come on we're going to be late for class." He said and they both headed for their Spanish class.

Gracie made it through Spanish and then her and Raffy separated so she could go to her American History class and Chem class and he could go to Geometry class and Gym class.

"Alright so I'll meet you by the bleachers at lunch? I think Travis and Chloe wanted to hang  around with us if that's cool with you?" Raff said and Gracie nodded with a smile. Raff, Travis and Chloe were the people she got on with best at school they had always stuck by her.

Travis and Chloe didn't know about the whole situation with her Dad until it came out that he had gotten arrest. As soon as they found out they called her just like Raff but hadn't seen her since she started back at school.

"Yeah, yeah great I'll meet you by the bleachers." Gracie agreed and went off to class.

About an hour or so later she made her way out of the class and walked down the hall to go outside towards the bleachers. Suddenly as she turned the corner she was pushed forward by someone who had grabbed her earbuds by the wires which took her iPod with them, just before she was shoved to the ground. She turned back around still on the ground from being pushed to find out it was Ross's girlfriend Tanya.