"The fucking Hamptons?" I turned to Niall. "How much more pretentious can they get?"

"I don't know, maybe it'll be fun." He shrugged.

"What sounds fun about lazing around with a bunch of snobs who expect you to always look perfect?!" I paced around the room, my feet sticking to the floor slightly because of the humidity. "I'm not here to go on vacation."

"Philly," He slid out of bed, walking over to me, and putting his hands on my shoulders. He had a comforting look on his face. "I can guarantee you that if we don't go on this trip we will forever be known as social outcasts and we'll never be invited to anything ever again."

"Wow here I thought you were going to side with me." I gave him an unimpressed look.

"We have to go. I've never been to the Hamptons. We have to keep up our status." He urged.

"Who are you?" I squinted.

"A guy who only had one friend in high school." He kissed my forehead before heading into the bathroom.

"Are you serious?" I followed him in as he opened the shower door. "We could stay home and we could work on the case!"

"Or," He looked through the towels on the shelf. "We could get rid of any suspicions, go with them, and party our asses off."

"I'm not much of a party person." I reminded him.

"Ophelia isn't, but Arabella could be." He looked at me.

"I don't know." I rubbed my forehead, feeling a headache coming on. "I just have a bad feeling about it."

"We'll maybe we can give you a good feeling." He stood up and snaked his arms around my waist. "I'm about to have a shower if you'd like to join me." He kissed along me jawline.

"I showered yesterday." I pulled away from him and walked to the door.

"Phil!" He whined. "Come on you already woke me up by punching me in the face I think you owe me."

"You showed up unannounced! I don't owe you anything!"

The truth is, I really wanted to, but my stubborn self wouldn't let me admit it.

"We'll your hair is greasy and you can't stand that! You also care way too much about the environment to be wasting water like this."

"How do you know that?" I touched my hair that had gotten oily from all the product I'd used the night before.

"Let me think back about eleven months ago." He leaned on the sink counter. "Oh my god my shower has been broken for a week Styles!" He mocked my voice. "I hate having greasy hair. It makes me feel gross!"

"How the hell do you remember that?" I frowned.

"It's my job." He shrugged loosely. "Also I remember being extremely annoyed that you weren't talking to me about that."

"Why would you want me to talk to you about my broken shower?"

"Because I just wanted you to talk." He approached me. "I wanted you to talk to me because I thought you were so pretty. I wanted you to show as much interest in me as you did Styles."

"You were jealous?" I softened my expression.

"Not jealous," He shook his head, running his hands up and down my arms. "Just crushing majorly." He laughed softly.

"You had a crush on me?" I raised my eyebrows in shock.

"It wasn't obvious?"

"I thought you were annoyed by me." I shook my head.