Chapter 1

I always tried to be at the top of everything. Education, athletics, manners, bravery, the list goes on and on.
It's a good thing that I've always been motivated. I mean, it's what lead me to the most prestigious college in the country, A.M.O.T College.
It's my first day today, the start of my new life...

I look up at the enormous building of A.M.O.T.
"Wow..." I think to myself. "Am I really ready for this?"

I am! I walk in the building with a determined face on. I look at my class sheet to see what my first class is.

"Room 69... alright!"

I walk into Room 69 to see a couple students talking.

A couple minutes pass, and more and more students walk in the classroom. Then the bell rings and everyone is in their seats.
"Good morning, class!" A woman says in a a happy tone. "I'm Ms. Appleberry! You're first period teacher!"

The whole class starts whispering.
"Damn, is she single?"
"I mean, she's not married."
"I'm about to change her last name... 😏"

"Ugh, I go to the most prestigious college and these are my classmates?" I think to myself.
But she's not that bad looking... 😳

"Settle down, class!" Mrs. Appleberry says. "Today we are going to be making poems, now I know it's our first day, so I'm letting you get help from the person sitting to your left."

I look to your left to see my partner.

"Hi, I'm Nina!" She says happily.
"Uh, hi, I'm Y/N." I say politely.

I mean, my partner could've been worse...
I sort out my paper and look at Nina.

"Alright, I normally work alone, so how about we work on our poems individually for five minutes and then show what we wrote, alright?" I tell Nina trying to sound nice.

Nina frowns a bit, but smiles quickly after.
"Alright!"
I pick up my pen and start to work on my poem.

I put sadness, anger, emotion into my poem... for every drop of ink my pen produces, is a small masterpiece making an even bigger one. I put problem, despair, romance in the paper that even the paper itself would crumple up in tears... I-

"Are you ready?" Nina's voice disturbed my thoughts.

Has five minutes already passed?

"Uh... yeah, ahem, you can go first." I say trying to keep a cool voice.

"Alright! Ahem, 'Bun-nies are jump-ing. They are ha-ppy in the field. Yay, yay bun-nies, yay.'"

I blankly stare at Nina for exactly 46 seconds before she said something.
"Sooo... was it good?"
I snap out of my stare.
"Uh... yeah, um... that was, uh, a haiku, right?"
"Mmhm!" She smiles.

I'm usually incredibly straightforward and honest, but Nina's too nice for me to tell her that her poem was worse than finding a furry in a dumpster making out with Tony Lopez.

"How about yours?" Nina asks.
I look down at my paper and realize...
My poem is hot trash!
I can't show Nina this emo poem!

It's even, even worse than finding a furry in a dumpster making out with Tony Lopez... this is like being the furry making out with Tony Lopez!

"Um, well..." I start to say, but get interrupted by Ms. Appleberry.

"Alright, class! Attention on me now!" Ms. Appleberry says.

Whew! Ms. Appleberry interrupted in the nick of time!
"Okay! I hope you like your poems, because I'm going to be choosing someone to present on front of the class."

WHAT?! THAT'S EVEN WORSE THAN JUST PRESENTING TO NINA!

It's all right, Y/N... there are 21 students in the class, so there's a 21 out of one chance that I'd-

"Y/N! How about you?"

MY LUCK KEEPS GETTING WORSE!

I gulp and walk up to the front of class.
I look down at my paper slowly.
"U-uh... Ahem..."

Ms. Appleberry looks at me with a concerned look on her face. The whole class is waiting.

"Ahem, 'Bun-nies are jump-ing. They are ha-ppy in the field. Yay, yay bun-nies, yay.'" I finally say.

There was a long pause. Then, suddenly...

"Woohoo!"
"That was so good!"
"Now, that's A.M.O.T writing!"

The whole class was clapping for me!

Ms. Appleberry walks up to me and puts her hand on my shoulder. I could see a few tears coming from her eyes.

"That was *sniff* beautiful, Y/N! The emotion! The suspense! *sniff* Gorgeous!"

I smile. I bow for the class which causes them to clap even more. I look up to see the class, then my eyes land on Nina. She was the only one not clapping. In fact, she looked like she was about to cry.
Before I knew, it Nina stormed out of the classroom, no one noticed though.

Dang... I feel sort of guilty for stealing her poem... I mean, she was the one who worked on it, but mine was so bad, I'd probably get kicked out of A.M.O.T.

The bell suddenly rings and I quickly get my bag and go after Nina.

I ask around and get news that she was in the bathroom.

I walk into the girls' bathroom and immediately hear a loud wail and crying. It also really stank.

"Uh, Nina?" I call out.
"WHAT?!" A demonic voice replies.

Yikes. She sounds mad. But she can't stay mad forever.

I open the stall door where the voice came from to see Nina curled up in a ball crying and the toilet was literally overflowing with toilet paper and poop. I guess that's where the smell was coming from.

"Nina... I'm sorry..."
"NO YOU'RE NOT! I SAW YOU SMILING WHEN EVERYONE WAS CLAPPING FOR YOU!!! 🤬😡😠😤"

Ooh... she saw that?
"Don't worry! I-I'll tell Ms. Appleberry!"
Nina finally looks up. Her face looks like a tomato and there was tears and snot all over her face.

"R-really? *sniff sniff*"

Man, I really don't wanna tell Ms. Appleberry, but if I was in Nina's shoes, I would've been upset as well.

"Y-yes, I will." I say sadly.

Nina's face breaks into a smile.
"Thanks, Y/N! I knew you were a good person!"

I mean, at least Nina's happy again.

"Oh, and Y/N, you might wanna clean the toilet before you go to Ms. Appleberry. I kinda excessively shart when I'm upset..."

"WHAT?!" I exclain. "Why me? It's your shart!"

"Yeah, well you're the one who made me upset!"

I sigh. Maybe this wasn't the best idea...