Show Down

''Is everything ok here?''....

.........

'' Yes '' said James, letting go of Lena's wrist. ''We're just talking.''

Lena narrowed her eyes at him, but didn't say a word.

''Lena?... you ok?'' Kara asked, glancing between the two of them.

Lena hums and mumbles a yes just before going back to the living room.

Kara sighs and looks back at James. ''I don't know what's going on between the two of you, but I think she doesn't want to talk to you right now.''

''Kara, you're my friend, but stay out of this. This is between Lena and me.'' He says bitterly.

Kara, surprised by the bitterness in his voice, narrows her eyes at him.

''Well, she's my friend too, and she doesn't want to speak to you. So leave her be.''

The silence stretches while they just stare at each other. Lena, noticing this, calls her name. Kara shakes her head, closes her eyes and takes a deep breath before looking back at James.

''Look, I'm just saying...give her time. She'll talk to you when she's ready.''

''Ha, yeah right.'' He huffed.

''James-'' Kara began but was interrupted.

''No! Just don't.'' He hisses.

Lena, not wanting things to escalate, goes to them and keeps her voice low. ''James, stop! Don't cause a scene. You're angry at me, not her.''

''If you talked to me this wouldn't be happening.'' He snarled.

''There's nothing more to talk about. You made it pretty clear what you think, and so did I. We're done. We're over.'' She said coldly with anger in her eyes and also with what looked like hurt.

''No, we're not. You need to let me explain.'' He said, sounding almost like a plea.

''There's nothing to explain. I understood clearly. You don't trust me.'' She snapped.

''I didn't say that.'' He shook his head.

''Not in so many words, no. But that's what you implied.'' She says bitterly.

At this point their voices were the only ones heard, everyone else were wide-eyed and quiet, just paying attention to what was going on.

''Lena-'' James started.

''No James! You don't trust me, and I can't be with someone who doesn't trust me. It's simple as that.'' Lena said, keeping her voice even and swallowing the hurt.

''C'mon Lena. I reacted badly, I know. But-''

''Reacted badly?'' She repeated bitterly and chuckled.

''Ok guys, why don't we just take a deep breath.'' Alex, seeing things were going too far, got up quickly and tried to calm them down.

''I'm sorry Lena, but you need to understand that you don't just say 'I tried to kill someone' and expect me to stay calm and not say anything.'' James said with a bit of sarcasm in his voice.

''You tried to kill someone?'' Alex asked, raising a brow.

Evading Alex's question, Lena growled at James, balling her hands in fists. ''He tried to kill me, James! He framed me for getting those kids sick, he fucking poisoned me!''

Lifting a hand to stop what James was going to say next. Kara asked '' Wait, is this about Edge?''