"I'm good." Jade shuts the door after him. "How are you?"

Ashton shrugs. "I told Luke about the resit." Ashton tells her.

Jade would be lying if she wasn't hoping that Ashton was going to say he told Luke about her and Ash but she didn't mind he didn't. Not really, anyway.

"What did he say?" Jade and Ashton walk into her living room together.

"He was like," Ashton coughs. "'What?!'" Ashton puts on his best Luke impression, which was surprisingly good. "'You're still doing football right?! You aren't bailing right?!' and I said no I'm not and then basically he told me I better keep focused and not fuck up either of them because doing badly on just one of them totally fucks up college for me." Ashton sighs and sits down on the floor. Jade sits down beside him and rubs his shoulders softly.

"How about i try and get as much math revisoiin done with you now and so when the game gets closer you can spend extra time on that, yeah?" Jade suggests and Ashton slowly nods his head before getting his books out his bag.

Jade smiles sadly at him because she knows what it's like to be stressed and under pressure. She's had to deal with it loads. It's never been math and football though. It's more like math and science or english or histroy. She knew Ashton could do it though. She believes that he can and she is willing to do anything she can to help him.

~~~

The whole lesson was almost uneventful. Almost nothing went wrong. Almost.

Jade was just wrapping things up with Ashton, he seemed fine with everything they were doing today, whe there was a slamming of a door upstairs followed by some yelling. It would be fine if Ashton wasn't here. Jade would ignore it and continue on but now that this was the second time Ashton had been to Jade's house with her parents fighting upstairs she could feel herself becoming uncomfortable with it all. Ashton had put his pen down, whereas Jade did keep going but they were screaming at each other upstairs.

"Jade?" She felt Ashton nudge her arm.

"Uh huh?" Jade didn't look at him.

"Are they okay?" Ashton asks quietly and Jade shrugs.

"It's fine. They'll be okay in an hour or so." Jade told him truthfully, knowing exactly how this would work.

"Are you okay?" Ashton suddenly asks her.

Jade looks up at him finally and fakes a smile. "Yeah, why?" 

"Jade," Ashton moves closer to her. The screaming upstairs quiets down to some loud yelling. "Are you not going to say anything?"

"It's fine." Jade brushes him off. "They'll figure it out themselves. They always do." Jade adds quietly.

"But Jade-" There is a loud bang from upstairs and Ashton stands up quickly and puffs out his chest. "What's going on?" He looks down at a suprised Jade. She wasn't expecting him to do that.

"Sit down." Jade tries to pull Ashton down by tugging on the bottum of his top but he ignores her and swats her hand away, beginning to walk towards the living room door. "Ashton!" Jade gets up and pulls him back by his arm. He seems to snap out of his little trance that's making him walk to the door and he look at Jade, who is looking back ectremly confused and annoyed.

"What?" Ashton says snapping his head back round to the door, the yelling has stopped. "Jade, let go." He pulls his arm out of Jade's grip and they both stand, staring at each other with a lot of confusion.

"What where you going to do?" Jade asks him.

"I was just going to see if everything was okay." Ashton replies.